Author Topic: Will we (I) never learn??  (Read 4601 times)

Gadfium

• Acre
Re: Will we (I) never learn??
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 14:22:10 »
lou lou,

I've got 3 or 4 small Californian Wonder pepper plants in the greenhouse, if they'd be of any use just let me know and I'll post them to you.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 23:41:19 »
I had tried to overwinter some broad beans, red epicure, having had great success the previous year. Few survived but were in full flower and are now lying down! My worst nightmare was a metal shed I put on our allotment, but hadn't fastened to the base properly, which took off over a 4' fence and landed upside down across the next allotment, with things like the workmate still fastened to the roof spars. At least it had stopped not gone another three feet up and across into someones greenhouse! When i put it back I turned it through 90 so that its doors were not facing prevailing winds, screwed it down to the base well and so far it hasn't moved!
 ::)

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2006, 00:20:07 »
to every one who has been so kind  with the offer of plants  a very very very big thank you i spent to day running round like a blue ***** fly sowing seeds and looking for them in my very messed up seed pot ( next job sort it out and put them in order ) and to the offer off a big hug ill accept please I'm still convinced some one did it because plants and pots have gone but other half says I'm silly  it only took 30 min for all that devastation to happen the good side is  i  still had seeds the bad side is they will be late oh well the old saying is  better late than never so once again thank you all i now believe there is kindness still around in this world if there is ever anything i can do for any of you please let me know thank you from the bottom of my heart loulou

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 10:46:35 »
A few years ago mum looked out into garden to find the greenhouse had gone!
It had cleared 2 six ft fences and missed next door garden and landed in next one!

Obviously she then received text messages for a while about greenhouse seen doing 80mph anticlockwise down the M25 :-X

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal