Author Topic: Do they just do it to annoy?  (Read 2223 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Do they just do it to annoy?
« on: May 23, 2006, 10:25:17 »
"Bright & dry this am - heavy rain Wed & Thur".

GOT to get the grass cut while it's not too wet - it's going mad. So, out early, checked fuel, cleared the debris (should have been done before storing!), got the barrows out for the grass, and.................yes, it poured for an hour.

So could only set the mower down a couple of notches, leaving a good inch to cause a problem later in the week. And could only do 2 passes before the bag filled. Oh, well - it'll make a good mulch for the potatoes.

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
Re: Do they just do it to annoy?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:31:06 »
Think it is Mr Murphy popping his head up again Tim .....Good old British weather eh?  :)  cheers ... Jim
Cheers .. Jim

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 14:02:21 »
i think it is s**s law i drooped emmalouise off at school went to find shoes for me and two  girls ( I'm at a wedding on sunday ) spent from 915 to 1145 in the shops lovely dry and bright and not that cold eather got to the car loaded it up drove out of the car park wouldn't you know it piddling down  drove home put bits away sat down with a brew yep sun came out  floor dried quit quick so i put my coat on and Abby's picked up my keys went to the door  yes thats it opened the door got to the car door it did it again piddled down  I'm now on this site and the rain has stooped again  sky a bit grey but no rain till i go to the door  and the worst bit i didn't find any shoes for the girls i got a pair but its a trip to another area with shoe shops been to all the ones round me and i think there eather school shoes  pardon this tartish shoes  strappy with a heal foe a 2 year old or flip flop type with no support for a 5 year old  no thanks call me old fashioned but not heals just yet

Niamh

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 13:17:19 »
Tim,

that lawn looks lovely, hasn't yellowed out at roots due to delayed cutting or anything like that. Do you weed and feed it, or is it entirely unpampered?

Loulou,

know what you mean about the shoes, and the clothes are worse. Was at niece's communion recently, 8 year olds wearing off the shoulder numbers. Shriek! Beginning to feel ancient when I look at what children wear and silently tut!

Niamh

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 06:29:39 »
Tim do you use the grass cutting on other veg on the allotment? I was think for my cabbages

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 06:44:34 »
I only weed & feed when it's covered in unwelcome things - like this year. Not yellow because there's still 1" of grass there. No cuttings on the garden till the 4th cut after the weedkiller. Then yes - on the potatoes etc. Till then, on the compost heap.

MonsterMum

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 08:34:28 »
I have to agree about the weather.  Dry and bright yesterday when I had other plans, absolutely pouring down today. Grrrrr!

I know this is off subject but I too agree ith the comments made about the children's clothes, and I don't think it's an age thing.  I'm only 24 and already tut at what some of the little ones are wearing.  My daughter's not even 2 and some of the clothes available for her...  I think our children grow up way too fast as it is without dressing them like I would for a good Friday night out.

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 09:09:59 »
:'(  Picked up my new car yesterday and the sun shone which was amazing!  - today dirty muddle rain and puddles just waiting to be splashed over it!  Not fair!!!!!!!
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 09:33:50 »
like I would for a good Friday night out.

In the interests of research how would you dress for a GOOD Friday night out differently from a BAD Friday night out? :o

Money_Bunny

• Half Acre
    • Blogging in Bulgaria
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 09:38:24 »
Our new lawn at home is lovely and green which is great, unfortunately with the amount of rain we've had the horses just seem to be churning up their paddocks. So even after spending ages re-seeding, fencing off parts to let it grow etc it almost looks like we're back to mud!!

And muddy horses of course lol

Not much I can do about it now so looks like I may have to order hay in for the summer  :(
British Ex-pat now living and gardening in Bulgaria.

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 11:36:20 »
My lawn/jungle is in desperate need of a mow but the rain just keeps coming anytime I get the chance to get out there. And of course all that water is just making the grass grow faster ::) ::)

As for the little girls clothes I completey agree and am glad I've got a boy :-\

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 12:44:54 »
And of course all that water is just making the grass grow faster ::) ::)

and the flippin' weeds!   :o
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

amphibian

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 17:55:26 »
And of course all that water is just making the grass grow faster ::) ::)

I cut mine last week, now it is several inches.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal