Author Topic: Carrots how long to germinate  (Read 1024 times)

Meg

• Acre
Carrots how long to germinate
« on: May 16, 2006, 13:56:48 »
Here we go. Put carrot seeds in ground beautifully at least 3 weeks ago there is no sign of them at all. Put another lot in for succesion a week ago. So how long do I leave untill I try again. I have watered, talked to them, begged and cajoled those little blighters to grow. Even my beetroot haven't I started some in plugs and they disappeared straight away.
Marigold

Curryandchips

• Hectare
Re: Carrots how long to germinate
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 14:07:23 »
Patience ... they will not be rushed !
The impossible is just a journey away ...

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 15:52:18 »
Hiya Maggie, see that you're in Wolvers......bit colder than me in Brum and I grow in my garden rather than a lottie, so might be more sheltered....3 sorts of carrots went in 10days ago.....2 sorts, maincrop, well germinated, the other 'Early Nantes' surprisingly, just begun....one or two seedlings to be seen - if you lie horizontal to the earth ;)

Anything you can do to warm the soil up a bit? fleece? cloche? as colder weather might be coming our way.

All the best, Lishka

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 17:05:24 »
One thing I'll guarantee - if you resow in the same drill, they will ALL germinate!!

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 08:33:43 »
Sowed mine just over five weeks ago, started showing yesterday.  This is the second attempt on the same piece of ground, I'm assuming it's the second sowing. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal