Author Topic: THANK YOU - EVERYONE!!!!  (Read 2426 times)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
THANK YOU - EVERYONE!!!!
« on: May 14, 2006, 08:21:40 »
I would just like to say thank you to each and everyone of you!!!!

As a child I remember my Mum 'loaning' very expensive things to people she thought she could trust. These things were never to be seen again OR were so damaged they were unusable.  Seeing my Mum upset and annoyed by this I have had a deep distrust in giving or loaning anything to anyone, valuable or NOT.

Over the years this has led me to being a 'taker' not a giver and I've never felt good about it but equally have found it very difficult to 'give'.

Anyway I would just like to say that the attitudes and generosity of each and everyone of you alongside the generosity of a handful of other 'online' people that i have met offline... I am slowly changing.

Receiving seeds last week from complete strangers has brought a lump to my throat, so instead of selling my excess eggs last week i have given them away - it felt great!

I have given away loads of stuff on freecyclers (rather than ebaying or car booting) and I cannot tell you how my luck is changing!  For a few years now I have felt that i am plagued with bad luck, but now little good things keep happening and its just wonderful!.

I would like to extend a huge hug to everyone who sent me seeds to get me started... you really haved touched me with your kindness and generosity - and I got my first germination today =- chickory woohoo!

So anyway in a nutshell, I have had a huge moment of clarity this weekend and am going to be a 'giver' as giving feels so much better than taking and if I can make someone feel the way i have for receiving your kindness and generosity then job done!

Thank you thank you thank you  ;D

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
Re: THANK YOU - EVERYONE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 08:52:26 »
Awww, filling up here OO!
What a lovely post - reminds me that the benefits of this forum aren't always the ones you expect ::)
Happy swapping and happy gardening to you too :)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 08:53:38 »
lump in throat time.

see if EVERYONE read A4A, there would be world peace !

Everytime I have asked on here, I have received and on the odd occasion someone has wanted something of mine, i have given freely.  It's how the world should be.

The number of enjoyable hours i've spent trawling through all the posts are just too many to count.  It really is a lovely clique to belong to  ;D

Congratulations on reaching enlightenment Olive Oil !

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 09:03:46 »
I'm pretty new to this forum, but have been using forums on the internet for some years now.

It is amazing how people you have never met and will never see can touch your life, with some amazingly positive effects.

I'm a bit the opposite way - will happily give things, but hate to ask for anything, and that can be just as uncomfortable.  It's nice to help people, and I should be happier to let people help me, because if nothing else it obviously makes them feel good.  :)

Lovely post Olive.  :D
Tread softly, for you tread on my greens.

kippers garden

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 10:09:45 »
Lovely post!

I'm the same...i love to give but really struggle to accept things or help.  In the past people have offered help and then made me feel guilty for accepting=i just don't ask anyone any more and sometimes feel very alone when the chips are down!

As this post shows, most people are genuine though.
This is my simple living UK blog:  http://notjustgreenfingers.wordpress.com/

Follow me if you enjoy reading it!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 12:49:56 »
A very moving post, Olive.  There are indeed some lovely people here.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 20:12:53 »
lovely post olive oil, it brought a big lump to my throat. karma, what goes around comes around. happy growing.

micsmum

• Half Acre
  • Gottie Lottie Now!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 16:02:33 »
AAAAWWWWW BLESS!!!!!!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 10:56:27 »
Great post. Since joining A4A last year I (as a complete novice) have received so much advice and loads of seeds sent to me. I am glad that at one point I was able to offer seeds to some members....Have also enjoyed several friendships  who I correspond with when I need a chat other than gardening subjects.
Don't forget to let us see some pics.
Lorna.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 12:35:51 »
Lovely post Olive THANK YOU for that.

Meg

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 13:59:10 »
How lovely. Keep gardening.
Marigold

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 15:19:36 »
 :'(

Definitely fillin up here... Olive, that was a remarkable post! My herb seeds will be on their way tomorrow...lost addy cos i could not get into A4A...fixed now!!

K x

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 20:30:00 »
what a lovely post olive oil, it was beautiful to read how you feel and very heartwarming of you to share it with us.  It is so true how karma allows positive things to happen in your life when you become a giver (not just of "stuff" but of yourself too). they (whoever they are) say that what you give out you will get back in return tenfold (good and bad).  i am a firm believer in giving and see it more as things being passed/moved around.  In that vein, if there is something you need then put out a thought request to the universe and often the thing you are looking for will find you. but only if you have a balance of giving in your favour.    Blimey, i sound like a right old hippy.   ;D

cardinalflower

• Half Acre
  • Love the smell of lilacs .....
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 22:05:21 »
So sweet OO, let me know if you want any more seeds as I think you had loads by the time I replied to your message!

:P

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 22:12:55 »
That was a lovely thing to say Olive.  There are a lot of warm hearted people on this site and it does restore your faith in human nature that people you don't even know can be so kind.   :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 19:45:24 »
;D Well said Olive, I agree with everything said on this thread :-*/shades x
grow your own way

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 11:36:10 »
Lovely post Olive - I too love this forum for the feelings of help and encouragement that i get from it, and from being able to share other people's hopes and dreams, high's and lows.

I think the saying that we as gardeners should use is "you reap what you sow" - send out love, kindness, generosity and it does come back to you.

When my eldest child started school (and hated it), I looked at all the toys, books and things that she had, as well as a warm house, clothes, food & access to an education and then made the decision to try and pass that on in some way to another child. I now sponser a little girl in India & the letters that she sends me are truely humbling and uplifting all at the same time. My daughter now loves school - cynics my say it's because she's got used to it, but i'd rather look on it as karma.

Cheers,

Tabbycat

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 12:41:13 »
What a lovely sentiment, Olive-oil. Hope you have hours of happy gardening.
I too, read your post too late to send seeds as it seems you had already been sent everything imaginable but if you need anything in the future I will endeavour to send something.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal