Author Topic: More Melon Problems!!  (Read 864 times)

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
More Melon Problems!!
« on: May 14, 2006, 11:52:31 »
I live in Spain and have been having a problem with mildew (had to chuck my peas just after flowering! very sad!  :'() I've noticed that my melon plants that are just about ready to go out have white spots that look and smell like mildew! I have started spraying them with milk/nettle/shop bought organic stuff. Because I lost the pea battle I'm tempted to start again! what do you all think? Can you beat mildew or are you stuck with it :(????????

weedin project

• Acre
  • twig > leaf > flower > fruit > juice > WINE!!!
Re: More Melon Problems!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 20:56:58 »
Biscombe
If they are ready to go out, then maybe they are suffering from humid/damp conditions indoors and the fresh air & wind will help.  I always find that if I water pots from the bottom up (i.e. in saucers/trays) they come out healthier than those watered over the leaves; I think it encourages better roots and doesn't leave dampness under or in between the leaves.
 :-\ That said, of course, I still get lazy and soak things from the top in the greenhouse (mustn't make splashes in the conservatory!). :-\
"Given that these are probably the most powerful secateurs in the world, and could snip your growing tip clean off, tell me, plant, do you feel lucky?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal