Author Topic: 5am start  (Read 824 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
5am start
« on: May 13, 2006, 11:19:56 »
But not through choice.  Just before 5am I was woken by a huge clap of thunder and the storm lasted until way after 6am.  It was amazing, and overhead for at least 40 minutes!  The fork lightening was amazing, and the sky was an odd kinda beige colour!  Of course, the thunder was so loud, wall shakingly loud, that the kids woke up, so our day started early.  The power went off and on several times, after the lightening strikes.  Then a good 20 minute downpour.  Pleased me no end after all those seeds I sowed yesterday on the plot and didn't water as I knew rain was forecast.  I expect all the weeds were jumping for joy also!

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: 5am start
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 12:26:19 »
Brilliant EJ!  Just think of all your water butts filling up too! busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 13:05:21 »
me and the girls went for a walk down the canal yesterday and wouldn't you know it half way there thunder and then it piddled down we got soaking wet  no sooner had we got home it stopped  and as for to day it damp and chilly  and not much fun  i got sun burn in the middle of the week now it raining  what next snow :o

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 17:58:57 »
I had a good session this morning, mostly hoeing. The damp smell after the downpours was delightful. At least everything is looking happier now.
The impossible is just a journey away ...

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 18:14:57 »
Bone dry here :(

Edited to say the rain arrived while we were in the pub.  Donner & blitzen! But just fine drizzle by the time we were ready to walk home.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 00:31:01 by Jill »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal