Author Topic: Turn your back for 10 days...  (Read 826 times)

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
Turn your back for 10 days...
« on: May 12, 2006, 10:21:53 »
... and find that spring has well and truly sprung!

The weeds are doing well :), I've got my predecessors potatoes sprouting shockingly well under the now tent-like weed suppressing fabric, in pathways and in the middle of the pea-run (very rocky ground, can't sieve it all!) so should make for a good harvest what with the masses I planted a few weeks ago! ;D

The old raspberry canes are blooming and sprouting up *all over* the place and I'm the proud caretaker of two beautiful & tiny little oak trees measuring no greater that 6" apiece. One on the border (hurrah!) and another slap-bang in the middle of my plot (mmm...). They shall be loved in situ or moved respectively.

Checked the Wiki for things to do this month and I'm so behind! I have come to accept that I'm not going to be able to do all that I wanted this year and to enjoy what I'll be able to manage without killing myself!

So proud of my onions, butternut squash, peas (1st ever year for those) and Cleo's Jerusalem artichokes are already breaking the crust! Oooh, getting thoroughly over-excited (Again!? Never!) and wish I wasn't stuck in this poxy office!

Curryandchips

• Hectare
Re: Turn your back for 10 days...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 11:46:00 »
Sounds like a normal allotment day ... ?  :D
The impossible is just a journey away ...

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
Re: Turn your back for 10 days...
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 12:52:38 »
Sounds like a normal allotment day ... ?  :D

Still new to me though, I've spent more time at this new plot than I did in the entire year on the old (very very hectic year, last year) so it's all tinged with newby-ness!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal