Author Topic: GARDEN SHOW ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT  (Read 2333 times)

ACE

• Hectare
GARDEN SHOW ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT
« on: May 01, 2006, 09:15:21 »
I know we should not advertise on here but just in case you are on the south island next weekend. Pop into the IW Spring Garden Show on the 6th or 7th.
Lots going on and some Chelsea Gold winners exhibiting with some decent plants for sale.

How about we have a seperate section for whats on as we all know of shows that are on in your area and even if they are just a small plant show it could be helpful to us travellers.

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
Re: GARDEN SHOW ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 17:14:24 »
Dear Ace,

Why not put it in the calendar with a link to the news section, I did this for the Harrogate show, sorry if anyone was offended by the advertising plug for it!

Brian

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 19:08:13 »
Ace. re I.O.W. anything interesting to look out for w/b  17th June?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 21:00:06 »
Well you will miss me as I shall be at Gardeners world live. But there could be a plant sale at Brighstone. I will find out the date for you. Somebody will be selling our show garden surplus plants there. Look out for the iris ensata which we have a lot  of varieties to get rid of.

But don't miss  the botanical gardens or Osborne house gardens. You could also go and see the new gardens we built  at Robin Hill Country Park.

The coach drivers will take people to the lavender farm which is nice but a bit on the pricy side.

Thats the gardening bit. Now if you want beaches where you can  go topless! :o

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 21:19:23 »
Thanks Ace. Spent several hours at botanical gardens last year, sent the 11yr old grandson and his Dad off somewhere else and Lorna Jr and I had a wonderful time.
Was a bit disappointed in the big greenhouse. Will definitely get to Osbourne house gardens this time.
Would appreciate the date of the plant sale. Printing your post out to add to the things to see that we found on the internet.
Topless??? Does that mean I can take my sun hat off ;D ;D
Lorna

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 20:50:57 »
Well after working 14 hours a day for the last 4 days the show was a great success. Even in the rain people were smiling and all the exhibitors and nurserymen want to come back next year. Today was glorious sunshine and the place was packed. The staff at the country park where we held the event fell over backwards to ferry the disabled, sort out problems before they became problems, and control the carparks and traffic.

I had to judge the floral marquee and  then had to be the butt of all the competitors jokes for the rest of the weekend. But was given a standing ovation at the evening get-together in the pub.

We had morris dancers, samba bands, sheepdog  displays, pony and trap rides and the new air ambulance landed on site to have a bit of a fund raising.

I will come back down the earth tomorrow when I have to start organising all the various bits for our show garden at the NEC

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 21:41:58 »
Ace So glad it was such a success. Must have been very rewarding for all who worked so hard.
Not many weeks to go before I am  holidaying on the IOW again :)
Lorna

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 20:04:50 »
Sounds really good Ace, you must feel very satisfied after all your effort :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal