Author Topic: A Mayday walkthru of my lottie  (Read 3780 times)

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
Re: A Mayday walkthru of my lottie
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 16:53:04 »
Impressed and envious, all at the same time.  Motivated too - hope my lottie looks like that in a years time - back to the diggin' and weedin' then........

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 18:20:52 »
WOW and double WOW, looks great. I love your use of the pipes for raised beds. I think lotties look so much more interesting when you're allowed to build things on them. We can't have anything permenant over a metre high and the whole plot looks boring.

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 20:31:59 »

Why not use some of those pipes to to transport water to strategically placed water barrels?

Unfortunately I call them pipes but they are actually tubes from the centre of shrink wrap bags and not suitable for carrying water. I still need another 35 to finish my remaining beds but they are now a bit scarce at work.  :'(

glow777

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 20:33:29 »
We can't have anything permenant over a metre high and the whole plot looks boring.

Can yo not get round this by having a 2 meter tall shed but digging a hole 1 meter deep and putting it in that - with steps down to it?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 21:46:44 »
Where's the water table? Someone tried to put an Anderson shelter (which is a similar idea) on my plot in the war, and it flooded, as the plot's just next to a stream.

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006, 14:46:55 »
The powers that be would block anything I tried to do. There is a container for the use of us all but the only people that are 'allowed' a key, are them. When I asked for one they said there's no point because I would only be allowed to keep a fork and spade in there and they haven't got a spare one!. They rule the roost, this couple. I had some manure dumped on the very corner of the lottie next door and was told I would have to pay for the rent of the plot. It has been vacant for 12 years and is so over grown (pics on another thread somewhere)as have 30 odd others, I wish someone would take it.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2006, 15:13:22 »
I've been entranced by a walk through your lottie Glow. Cannot believe the change a year's made :D  And just loved the incorporated A4A top tips.....all of which work a TREAT 8)

Many many thanks for taking the trouble to show them, and please can we have some more as the season progresses?

Ta! Lishka

glow777

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006, 16:50:54 »
the a4a tip i forgot to show was the gutter pea method (+ pre germinating) I am so impressed with this!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal