Author Topic: pretty maids all in a row  (Read 5003 times)

machman5

• Half Acre
  • South Essex
Re: pretty maids all in a row
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 00:08:09 »
Thanks for all that Lish,

I might try that thing with the hose and cane, bought a roll of fleece about 5 years ago and still not used it!!

by the way, or btw (worked that one out already!) I 'lmao' quite a bit lately just reading stuff on this site, you all seem like a great bunch!

Ta again,
Donna
I smile because I have no idea whats going on!!

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006, 06:39:52 »
Hi Donna, Lish is spot on.  lmao is laughing my @ss off whichs seems not to get through the bad language filter !!!!  , roflmao is rolling on the floor laughing my backside off which i do lots when reading about all the doings on here  ;D

the fleece tunnels are indeed of Lidl stock and underneath the fleece is a polythene sheet as well.  Once the last frosts have gone, i'm intending to replace the keeping warm sheeting for netting so i can actually see my babies grow.  got a while before that happens though.  the pigeons are using them as trampolines just now  ::)

Steptoes yard is exactly how i'd describe my garden!!  There is an as yet uninstalled birthbath (sink) out there somewhere so they're still having to use the bucket !!!  I'm sure a stuffed bear will turn up if i look hard enough  ;D ;D

Runners aren't out yet Lish, but i was trialling the frames to see how they'd cope with the very strong winds we get (nothing to do with the OH  :o :P) and they're holding well.  i've only got a couple of runners germinated yet though as the second sowing seems to be stalling !!!!!  might have to have a poke in the tube to see what's going on !  the fleece us up to protect the sweet peas which are climbing up the twine inbetween the bean canes.  All tips that i've got from A4A.

What you can't see much of  is the 20' x 12' patio so we've got somewhere to sit, but it's sinking !!!!  you can see the broken wall just by the g/h where it's kind of dropped .............. but repairing that is a job for next year !  That bit of lawn to the left of the g/h is actually the upstairs neighbours garden which has been empty since we've moved in, so is ....erm ......... my dumping ground for all sorts  ::)  Really must tidy it up as i think it's been sold now, although still no signs of life.

a big  thanks goes out to all the very friendly and helpful people on here so have helped make my bomb site what it is today  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 06:44:39 by MrsKP »
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 17:16:21 »
Those florist buckets are great, even if you have to drill your own holes, a local florist closed down and we got over 200 for free, needles to say they were snapped up in a week from by the site hut under a "help yourself " banner!
 ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal