Author Topic: This is probably too gentle for the Watershed - & inappropriate here -  (Read 9063 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
My apologies to you, Pete - I chose here because I was amongst friends. I've already said that I see the comparison as unfortunate. And I wasn't, as explained,  complaining about the lack of funding, or even of a monument but, rather, the  reason given.

Adding this later - "in view of the fact that those 3 months changed the course of history & saved this Island from anihilation"

And, by the way, Nelson got a Monument??

I did think that the quote was of as much interest & certainly a lot less offensive than some of the c..p written in the ever popular Watershed.

PS I'm from the Midlands too - so?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 07:31:22 by tim »

Yellow Petals

Tim, how dare you apologise!  You have NOTHING to apologise for.  The 99% of posts in your support should have told you that, not some trolling novice! 

Pete, you may well be a 46yr old married man hailing from the Midlands but you certainly lack the facilities to show respect, don't you?

If you frequented this board and became familiar with it's layout - as the rest of us have - you would know that The Shed and The Watershed are areas of both gardening and NON gardening chatter matter.

Seems to me it should be YOU apologising!  >:(

Curryandchips

• Hectare
Pete ...

I come on here for advice,not to be preached at.

Perhaps if you reflect for a moment and consider, is that not what you have been doing? The title of the thread certainly implied it had no horticultural content. We all have the freedom to choose not to read certain threads which we have no interest in, but the variety of threads, including those perhaps unsavoury ones in the Watershed, go to make this the rich, tolerant and entertaining forum that it is.

And long may it continue.
The impossible is just a journey away ...

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
How dare you speak to a very special member of our A4A club like that, Its like Derek said the title said what the post was about.  The "shed" is for any chit chat we wish to discuss with friends  but not people with attitude, if you do not like what you see look elsewhere do not insult people on this board.

I think you owe Tim an apologie.
  There are also dozens and dozens of sights for trolls to go to Byeeeeeee!!!!.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
>:(

LIVID.

There is a place for people who want to send things which interest them and it's here and in the Shed. Tim is a valued and respected member of this forum and I agree with rosebud that you owe him an apology at the very least.

If you are unable to handle genuine warmth and openess then this is not the forum for you Pete.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester

See? So angry I forgot where I was. I meant, the Watershed and the Shed

:(

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
"The Shed. Non-allotment related chit chat"

Which is what this thread is.

So sorry, petemac,  that you don't find this 'appropriate' for The Shed; my feeling is that you've misunderstood the remit here? We are all gardeners (but not all allotmenteers, which is OK with the site owner) and we become friends. It is here we bring, not only items generally of interest, but also the fears, sorrows, frustrations, celebrations and joys we're experiencing in our 'real' day-to-day lives.....it's here that friendships form beyond that of the love of growing stuff which originally brought us together.

Specific Forums have been given us for specific interests. I'm sure that if you are happy to only ask gardening/cooking/livestock/acquatic/blah-di-blah/ questions, a post from you on the appropriate Forum will engender a quite speedy reply - or two - or more.

If you have a suggestion for a Forum which doesn't yet exist, then Dan has even created a place for you to profer your suggestions..

But The Shed will, surely, remain in the format it does - until such time as Dan, the site owner, decides otherwise.

Sincerely, Alishka

(from the very Middle of the Midlands)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
i concur wholeheartedly with what tim, yellow petals, Curry, rosebud, katienewbie and Lishka have posted.

I'm afraid my first response was too littered with f's and *'s so i deleted it.

i don't know what's annoyed me most, the subject of tim's original post or your attitude pete.  I'd like to know how coming from the midlands has any relevance at all.
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Hyacinth

• Hectare
I'd like to know how coming from the midlands has any relevance at all.

(big sigh)...because we KNOW what's what, is why....yeah, OK, we allow yorkshiremen and northerners generally the allusion that  they're 'superior' it's a way of keeping simple minds in their place....same for soft southerners..........all nice people, btw...wouldn't like my daughter to marry one, but......

Thing is.....us Midlanders are just........right?  Even if we vote left, we're right....

But....some of us are more RIGHT than others......

And I AM RIGHT 

Now, seems quite clear to me....

RIGHT?

;D ;D ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight !   ::)

:P
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Curryandchips

• Hectare
And very deliberately moving strongly off topic, the most famous product of the Midlands? Not cars, machine tools, baltis, or even Jasper Carrott (who?), but ...

chocolate ...
The impossible is just a journey away ...

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
NO WONDER a certain addict lives there then  ;D

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
Right...

said Fred!

;D          ;D         ;D         ;D        ;D        ;D         ;D         ;D          ;D         ;D           ;D           ;D          ;D           ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Lish.. Could you please repeat that? This poor old exiled Londoner didn't quite get it. Right? :) ;D ???

Hyacinth

• Hectare
(big sigh...posh accent)...right...right...RIGHT..RIGHT?..you gottit now Ower  Wench?....

RIGHT!!!

An there'll be no talking that I'm wrong, geddit?

;D ;D ;D

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
;D

Lishka, you sent me some chocolate...how could you EVER be wrong?!!

;)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
you're right again as usual bint !!!!

;D

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
I've only been here a little over a week but can i just say that i love this site precisely BECAUSE we can discuss other topics other than horticulture.  :)

By reading everyone's posts on ALL the boards, i get a real sense of talking with individuals rather than just some user name who knows the answer to my questions.

There's another gardening forum out there (not an allotment one) that i have visited as a guest and they are terrifying! All you get is just the answer to the question - no sense of individuals, no sense of humour and most of all no tolerance for anybody even a little bit less than expert. :(

what you posted Tim was perfectly OK and you shouldn't have to apologise. It sparked a lively exchange of views, alerted many of us to a beautiful piece of sculpture that may have been otherwise missed and maybe made some of us reflect on how lucky we are to be able to choose to live, work and garden on such a lovely piece of this planet.

Tabbycat

petemac

• Not So New ...
I'm big enough to issue a apology.

I'm sorry if Iv'e caused offence.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
Right Ower Pete.......an from this minit on,peeps,  Ower Pete is OK, stamped made-in-Bermingum - Centre of Excellence........RIGHT? ;D

Pete.......whatever you thought initially about this thread, it  was your sincere thought, and no trolling, obv.....likewise, I'd hope, no hard feelings from this BRILL society of friends who will welcome you......shall we move on, everyone?

RIGHT?

Cheers! Lish x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal