Author Topic: A4A Meet up  (Read 9856 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: A4A Meet up
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2006, 17:02:07 »
:-\

Dont wish to encourage the North/South divide, but would it make geographic sense to have two?! One more towards the north and on more towards the south?

Just a thought

???

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2006, 17:22:26 »
what about me :'( :'( :'(

nobody will turn up at my seed/plant swap party. :'( :'( :'(
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 17:33:14 »
:o

Eeek!!! Right everyone...ferry across the water maybe?! Never been, this may be the perfect opportunity!!

;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 17:51:30 »
OK Lish has decided for me ;D (choclat?) again like everyone depends on distance..My kids reckon I can't find my way out of March but if I borrow son's spare sat-nav and start out day before I can make it 8) I am assuming OAP's are invited?? (I do have a good sense of humour and can tell a tale or two). How about the ones who can manage make sure their photo is on the  thread, if they are not already on it?
Now who is the member who lives in Isle of Wight? I could have a private audience with him/her between 17th and 24th June ???
Let's hope it can materialise.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2006, 18:02:52 »
Oh okay then!!   ::)   :D  Its just you lot will all find out I am not a tall willowy blond but a dumpy middle aged woman!  :o  ;D   Depending if I can get there I would love to meet everyone - I already class you as friends so it will be fascinating and quite surreal  to put the name to the face.  I already have an image of you all, so it would be brilliant to see if I am right.  We are very green and virtuous and don't have a car so it would have to be somewhere I could reach .   :D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

KevB

• Hectare
  • Now where did I Plant those Seeds
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2006, 18:05:32 »
Yes I'm all for a meet! I suggest the Thistle Hotel at Haydock park, plenty of rooms and very nice place. Oh and its only 15 mins away from where i live!! that could be the deciding factor!! I've taken a vote on this and the decision was unaminous, a 100% behind me! Tell me is One enough for a corum?
cheers kevb
If I wasn't Gardening I'd be shopping!! thank God for Gardening!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 18:51:09 »
It would be so good if this comes off - it has been tried before and I think a few members have met up but as far as I know there has never been a BIG meet.

So, date and place.  Less chatter, more planning me thinks.  Heldi...your baby?  ;) ;D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2006, 19:27:32 »
I'm not keen on having "separate" meets. We are all friends online so we need to make it open to everyone. I don't mind where it is. As long as I know well in advance and I'm free I'll get there.

I think we can think about more sophisticated things once we've had one successful meet.

So please think about when? How long for? etc.Sorry phone call.

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2006, 19:44:47 »
I think it is inevitable that meets will end up having a regional bias, and this is normal for communities, so that the meet gets 'hosted' by someone who is local and willing. However, this is the first meet, and as the original post by Heldi said, it is to show an interest.
The impossible is just a journey away ...

Yellow Petals

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2006, 19:56:17 »
I disagree.  If enough notice is given, I imagine people will be happy to attend a meet at any destination.  All that's needed is enough preparation for attendees to make arrangments with regards to family, work, expense.

Back in my trivium hosting days, I used to organise annual meets for 20-30 people coming from as far down as Bristol and as far up as Edinburgh.  I would start sending information out upto six months before to allow for all possibilities - including travel share.  We had meets in Bristol, London, Nottingham, Birmingham & Blackpool where everybody attended :) 

I'd better learn a thing or two about gardening 'case I decide to accompany Rosebud, although I don't see that happening to be honest!  ;D

I'm sure we'll all recognise each other - 99% of our mugs are in the gallery! LOL

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 20:47:00 »
what about me :'( :'( :'(

nobody will turn up at my seed/plant swap party. :'( :'( :'(

would have been there in July mate, but the money's just run out  :'(
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

MattyJC

• Half Acre
  • South Oxfordshire
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2006, 21:22:21 »
I'm up for this...I'm sure the village can do without its idiot for One day??!!

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2006, 21:28:11 »
ahem!(kitty coughed)....lincolns riiiight in the middle of the country!....
i make a wonderful carrotcake...... ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2006, 21:43:18 »
bed and board provided ???

:P
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2006, 21:58:06 »
The where's not a problem for me, at all,  but the when is....can't get away anywhere until the third week in September onwards.  So what's wrong with a Harvest Festival meet, then? Be like pass-the-parcel trying to get rid of our surplus courgettes ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2006, 20:50:25 »
Eeek EJ !  I was encouraged (prodded with a big stick) to open this thread by "others" heehee.  I'm totally rubbish at organising so they promised to carry the thread on and help me out!! I wasn't the only instigator lol!

Right then, I am well chuffed that so many are keen. I'm up in Northumberland and don't mind travelling ,I'm not concerned too much about the location,I'm the same as everyone and need loads of time to sort it out(persuade OH to drive).I need to be able to bring the kids. I need to be able to pitch a tent if we can't afford a B&B.

Busy we could probs give you a lift  8)

September was suggested in the chat room. How does everyone feel about that? 

Where?  Pin in the map?  I haven't a clue...suggestions...offers ??

Plants and seeds sounds brill doesn't it!

We can do anything if we put our minds to it can't we?

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2006, 21:03:48 »
;D

September sounds good to me, and gives people enough time to get plans/money/time off etc together! Thinking about the map of the UK it seems to me that Yorkshire or Derbyshire are kinda in the middle..ie: halfway up or down??!! As to where exactly I am not sure, anyone??

;)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2006, 21:09:55 »
only date i can't do in september is the robbie williams gig and i'm not sure when that is or where it's gonna be now that weberlee won't be ready (if i can travel 400 miles to see robbie as wee jaunt down the M6 will be a piece of cake)  :o  will check with daughter (she wanted to go after all  :P) and confirm.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2006, 21:11:41 »
September sound good to me, a lot of members would probably have had their holidays.
Will be really great if we can all agree on time/place during the next few weeks. Something to look forward to. I have decided b**ger the distance I wil come by National Express coach!!!!! (Just in case my kids say "The old girl (me not the car) will never make it!!")

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2006, 21:13:13 »
ahem!(kitty coughed)....lincolns riiiight in the middle of the country!....
i make a wonderful carrotcake...... ;D

That's 2 votes for Lincoln then ;D ;D
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal