Author Topic: Are any of you still paying for Broadband?  (Read 4104 times)

plimsoll plot

• Not So New ...
Re: Are any of you still paying for Broadband?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 08:07:17 »
roy your so right , we tried that a year ago and it worked they have to try and keep there numbers up your be suprised what they offer we got some freebies and a great broadband pakage.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2006, 10:36:28 »
I can't have cable :(, so my best deal to date has been £14.99 pm with Tiscali for really reliable b/band + extra £4 pm for unlimited UK calls = £18.99pm? Am well pleased (and they have no idea of the length of some of my calls! ::))......however, if there's a cheaper, equally reliable way, I'm all for trying it..

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2006, 10:57:53 »
All I can say Lish is read the small print in this thread and in this one http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,26/topic,18685.0

If you have a "BT" line you can switch to "Talk Talk" there's a big saving on calls to mobiles too. :o ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 14:33:05 »
Thanks for the direction to the other thread, Roy...I'll have a think..have just got the extra £4 per month for unlimited UK calls thanks to you :) - the original price was a fiver I think & I got it reduced 8)......USA calls are via Skype which I've been using for some time......hmmm, wonder what the charge is to mobiles in the US? Gonna investigate some more...BUT Tiscali gives an excellent broadband here for me.

marfleet

• Not So New ...
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 23:48:54 »
talk talk does sound like a good idea but here are somthings they do not tell you unless you look for the info

they are only enabling it in 1/3 of bt exchanges which is not many but you will be able to get it if it is not in your exchange by paying an extra £10 a month

as they are running there service down a bt phone line it is possible to get 8mb but i would not hold out for it   you would need to live with 2 to 5 meters of the exchange with a new line going all the way from the frame to the street cab which would need to be outside your house with a new line coming from the cab to the poll which would also have to be outside your house then from the the poll to your house would also have to be a new line then all wires from there all the way to your computer including the phone socket would also have to be new as well as that phone socket being the first one  in side your house

so most people will get about 2mb if you are very  lucky you will get upto 5mg but you would have to be very lucky

but dont let me put you guys off

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 00:14:43 »
Like I said B4 he who hesitates is lost. I have struck a very good deal with my existing phone company and I am now saving £30 per month without moving an inch, plus perks, I just hope a few of you managed to make at least equal savings ::)

It was a case of strike while the iron is hot whilst the service providers were running around like headless chickens. ::) ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal