Author Topic: extra bolts/fixing bubblewrap  (Read 2226 times)

Ricado

• Half Acre
extra bolts/fixing bubblewrap
« on: April 23, 2006, 07:59:31 »
Ive pushed the button and gone for the 6x10 with 2 autovents.  Im wondering if i need to fix the extra bolts in, or the bubblewrap can be fitted with those plastic twist clips (where do you get them from ?)

The salesman suggested putting the screws through the base at an angle to prevent pulling out (how much of an angle should this be ?)

Many thanks
ric
growing, growing, growing, growing, growing ...sleeping

Ricado

• Half Acre
Re: extra bolts/fixing bubblewrap
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 08:24:42 »
ive found a couple of places that do them, one being twowests greenhouse supplies.

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 11:58:10 »
Ricado, I think you might be able to get the clips from Wilkinsons if you have one near by, and if so they some times sell them of a bit cheaper in a couple of months time when they change there shelves around and take the gardening produe away for another year. ( they have to make room for the CHRISTMAS stock on shelves )
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 14:01:02 »
I use LBS for all my hardware because they're 20 minutes away. An excellent shop if you're near Colne in Lancs. Don't know what the mail order service is like though. Most garden centres seem to have them - at a price.

Your salesman sounds as if he was referring to skew nailing, in which alternate nails were driven in at opposing angles of about 10-15ยบ. It doesn't matter if you're using screws, see below.

Geoff.

You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

Ricado

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 16:02:16 »
the greenhouse has an integrated base, so it will be fixed at all fours, plus i was advised to fix in middles too as im on a concrete base, using normal screws and rawlplugs.

Im just hoping theres no water pipes etc underneath the concrete, or else the greenhouse may become really really expensive !

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 21:29:42 »
Yes middles would be wise while you've got the tools out, of the long sides anyway. It's only to do once.

I would guess that any water pipes will be buried deeper than you're going - they bl**dy well ought to be anyway. ;D

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal