Author Topic: Kay's polytunnels  (Read 2237 times)

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
Kay's polytunnels
« on: April 17, 2006, 22:27:14 »
One of the ladies on my lottie site has just bought a small Kay's polytunnel. She says it was only £62, but she's in one of the more sheltered parts of the site.  I have the full prevailing wind where I am, and was wondering if any of you have got one of these beasties and know how it stands up to wind...

Mind you, I can't find one at that price in their online catalogue so am wondering if I heard her correctly!!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Deeds

• Half Acre
Re: Kay's polytunnels
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 11:54:01 »
I can never find anything in their online catalogue, it's about the most user unfriendly site on the net as far as I can see.

They do have them at that price in the hard copy of the catalogue, but they look very flimsy to me, just held down with a few pegs.  They're also pretty small -
300 x 200 x 175 cm.

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 13:11:11 »
That is indeed a very nasty website (although nowhere near as bad as the Wickes one).
£39 for a railway sleeper, what's that about? Are they mad ???

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 14:08:07 »
I can never find anything in their online catalogue, it's about the most user unfriendly site on the net as far as I can see.

They do have them at that price in the hard copy of the catalogue, but they look very flimsy to me, just held down with a few pegs.  They're also pretty small -
300 x 200 x 175 cm.

That'll be it. They are actually quite sturdy.  I was leaning against the post and it didn't wobble too much.  I could just about stand up in the middle without cracking my head (I'm about 172cm in my gardening shoes) so 175cm would be correct.

Tempted to get one, if I can clear the last bit of my top plot of the rubbish and polythene and half-burned wood! I was going to dig a pond, but suspect that a tiny tunnel would be better.  Daren't go for a greenhouse given the local oik population. 

thanks for letting me know!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal