General > Computers / Internet

URGENT

<< < (3/3)

Gardengirl:
Thanks for the warning Eileen but I must be very lucky.  I have had my puter for about 14 months now and have never had any suspect emails.  Friends have told me they have had very unsavoury messages, but so far nothing here.  I wonder why I have been singled out - or maybe I am just tempting fate :o ::)

Garden Manager:
I am usualy very careful with such things. I dont have a large number of 'wanted' e'mail senders, so can easily spot the ones i want and the ones that are safe. The rest get deleted.

I am not interested in any of the things that the spam emails are trying to offer me.

This is not to say I dont make mistakes, I have accidentaly opened the odd junk mail in the past. Last time I  imported a virus and ended up without the internet connection for nearly a week!

I heard on the news this morning some of the big internet companies (AOL, Microsoft, yahoo) are getting together to try to crack down on spamming and junk emails. As I get a lot i can only welcome this and say the sooner the better  ;D

demonseed:
I swear these things cause more damage by the panic they cause than by the actual effect of the virus

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version