Author Topic: Perfect timing.  (Read 806 times)

Alimo

• Acre
Perfect timing.
« on: May 01, 2006, 12:39:20 »
My third water butt arrived middle of last week, and DH fitted it yesterday afternoon.   I emptied the other two butts onto the veggie patch - on the promise of rain late afternoon, and through the evening.........

I waited for the rain - only slight drizzle (cornish sunshine).... hmmmm was it a mistake to empty the butts?????

Phew what a relief all three butts are now brimm full of sparkling water this morning - the forecast was right after all. ;D

Alison

Wicker

• Hectare
Re: Perfect timing.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 00:39:25 »
Pricked my conscience there, Alimo. We have water on tap by our plot and rarely use the water in our butt  which is covered by a board for working on - forgot to empty it all this winter and it is veeery murky and green don't know where I can empty it now  :-\  Need to do it when the site is empty I think!! btw we also keep a small barrel in the ghouse that has clean water in it .......
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 09:44:26 »
OH was telling me this morning that there's a shortage of water butts in Sussex because everyone's panic buying them. Glad I'm already set up with mine :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 10:40:54 »
oooh, get you.
panic buying!

how many of those water butts wont get connected this summer, next summer or ever though, i wonder :rolleyes:

we have a communal butt, i couldnt have one on my plot as i havent got anything to drain, not even a shed roof. wish i could tap into next door neighbours' rain pipes though
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 15:34:05 »
have you asked Svea? it's worth a try. I was chatting to my allotment neighbour today, he rekons our water will be turned off this summer as the shortage is so bad.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal