Author Topic: Does anyone recognise this?  (Read 3663 times)

(a)ndy

• Not So New ...
Does anyone recognise this?
« on: April 14, 2006, 08:37:17 »
Hi everyone

My name is Andy and I am relatively new to this forum. Having read previous threads on obtaining a greenhouse over the last month I plumped for a second hand one and found one of the right size for sale locally.

As it is an unusual shape I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Who the manufacturer is, etc.

This picture is from the garden I dismantled it from. It is currently still in bits and the frame has been power washed, the glass is still very dirty. I also need to get some replacement panes.

I am putting some footings in over Easter weekend and hope to get it up on my own plot next week.

The glass on the sides came out very easily but the glass on both of the ends was a real pain. There seems to be a channel at the top and the bottom of where the glass sits (with the channel at the top taller so that the glass can be raised into it and then dropped in to the bottom channel). The glass in the ends appeared to have some sort of plastic strip around it and I think that this was what was causing the glass to stop coming out. I don't know if i need to use this plastic strip and am reluctant to use it on reassembly.

I hope to post a few photos once it is up and I look forward to taking part in this forum. I am a greenhouse newbie but have wanted one for a long time.

Andy

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
Re: Does anyone recognise this?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 08:48:54 »
Welcome Andy.  Not got a clue about your manufacturer but share your pane ( :P).  I have the instructions for mine but the frame has been waiting a week to be glazed due to a) appalling windy weather b) still no level ground nor base to sit it on.

my perspex panes are held in firstly by using the plastic strip/coloured trim and then screws through the trim so i'd say if it was there when you dismantled it, use it. 

I'm just off out the back now hoping to make enough noise for the OH to raise his head off the pillow and come and help.

Until I get mine up, indoors is rather overcrowded with seedlings and the like, so i'm determined it will be finished this weekend or heads will roll. 

Hope some others can help you more.

Good luck.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 09:12:19 »
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 09:16:06 by tim »

graham

• Quarter Acre
    • Blipfoto
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 10:54:33 »
Hi Yeah I thinks it's a Hartley.  They usually have an ad on the back page of Kitchen Garden magazine. Here's a picture of mine from last year - no exterior shot I'm afraid.  I love mine - does a great job

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 11:01:50 »
About the only 'house with no struts! Clever?

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 14:07:47 »
looks fantastic though, wish i had one like it!!

(a)ndy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 16:13:07 »
Thanks for your contributions everyone.  :D

It looks like the greenhouse is a Hartley. When I first saw Tim's lean-to I thought it looked very much like a 'half' version of the one I bought.

I will get in touch with Hartley to see if they have any assembly instructions.

Graham's greenhouse looks fantastic and appears to have much taller sides than my one. I guess that taller sides is an improvement that has been made to the model over the years. I have no idea how old my one is - not that it really matters.

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 20:25:22 »
The design has changed slightly.

graham

• Quarter Acre
    • Blipfoto
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 22:50:18 »
I'm sure they'll be able help - the service is excellent. Good growing!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal