Author Topic: Wildlife photography  (Read 4870 times)

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
Re: Wildlife photography
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 13:13:17 »
Palustris,

Sorry, deleted it in frustration, and think it may have been due to lack of camera info on my behalf, as I have tinkered with camera settings and have managed to take some half decent shots.
Shall post later...

Debs

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2006, 23:35:32 »
It is frustrating when you see beautiful wildlife sharing your garden with you and knowing the camera is tucked away in another room...drat.

Today i was probably a foot away from a collared dove who sat so patiently on the fence as i stepped closer and closer to him.

I have a pic of my Heron too, not taken as close up as Carols and no crawling on the floor was involved in this shoot  ;)   ;D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2006, 09:33:21 »
We don't have one of those - does this count??

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2006, 10:55:09 »
It would probably be regarded as some sort of cheating, but Honeybee, if that heron photo (lucky thing!) was taken on a digicamera, it could be worked on to produce a shot of the bird against a nice sky background. I would try but downloading from here, the picture is too small and most of the detail has gone.
Gardening is the great leveller.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2006, 11:13:48 »
Your welcome to the original if you want to play around with it Eric.

Tim, now thats something ive never spotted in my garden  :D

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 11:16:40 »
I have just been catching up with this thread and am v. impressed with the heron shots.  I love herons and very occasionally we see one around here, I watched one being mobbed by seagulls once,which was quite a sight.  Its great we are all trying to get wildlife shots, I tried to get some the other dayof our elusive woodpecker but could not get close enough for a good shot. Got soem rather poor shots of a jay which I may try and post later.  I have Heldi's picture of a fox as my screensaver cos its such a good picture.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2006, 21:20:35 »
Carol, I have just returned from a few days in Devon so have just seen your heron picture.  Well done for getting so close to it.   ;D

I believe we had a heron in our garden sometime last year as all the goldfish disappeared.  I didn't catch sight of it though.  How lucky you are to see one prancing about on your lawn.  I hope it wasn't after your fish though if you have a pond.  :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal