Author Topic: Chelmsford Allotments  (Read 4381 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Chelmsford Allotments
« on: April 02, 2006, 22:54:09 »
For the last few weeks I have noticed more and more activity on the couple of allotments I pass in Chelmsford.  There is a big one up by the miami roundabout, another near Chelmer Village, and another I think not far from the Army and Navy so come on, anyone out there?

dicky

• Half Acre
Re: Chelmsford Allotments
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 13:29:31 »
Hi

I'm in Chelmsford, but on the Avenues plot.

There has been a lot of take up this year and quite a few of the sites round here have waiting lists now. I don't think the miami roundabout is council run, the churches have a few plots round here.

Nice to see everything finally taking off

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 12:03:49 »
So there is me and Dicky, and  Derbex in Ingastone!  That can't be the only allotmenteers in Essex.

timf

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2006, 15:08:51 »
i go past the chelmer village one's on my way to work every day but i live in ipswich, but i must say these ones do seem to have been tended to more the last 2 years than before

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 22:35:50 »
I am at Melbourne/ Highfield Rd allotments, also have friends at Baddow with an allotment. I know of someone trying to get an allotment on Avenues where I looked to get one but as share several allotments with my father, the Melbourne/ Highfield Rd ones were between our homes. Sharing comes in handy when you go on holiday, always someone to water, pick and freeze the crops.

In the summer my son and I have on a couple of occasions spent time cycling stopping off at the allotments in Chelmsford to have a look. Unfortunately the older he is getting the wiser he is becoming. When I say would you like to go on a bike ride, he wants to know where and how far and checks that we will not be going via any allotments including my own. Its a pity you cannot get the x-box to run on the allotment I would not have any trouble getting him down there then and I could spend even more time there myself.

Where is your allotment in Danbury EJ, I don't think I will get my son to cycle that far, but do sometimes pass through in the car.

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 21:57:22 »
There was someone else our way -made beetroot wine I think? Shoul be easy to spot :)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 12:02:16 »
Essex Allotmenteer Alert !!!!!!!!
Not Chelmsford, but Great Wakering near Southend-on-Sea.
Smile, it confuses people.

Ricado

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 20:38:39 »
Im familiar with chelmsford, not for the allotments, but as i lived there when a student, studying agriculture at writtle college !
growing, growing, growing, growing, growing ...sleeping

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal