Author Topic: 1939 port ruined!  (Read 895 times)

Anne Robertson

• Acre
1939 port ruined!
« on: April 09, 2006, 17:13:54 »
Yesterday the customs idiots at manchester airport  opened a 1939 port that my husband was bringing back from South Africa that he had been given as a present (for me) because they said there were traces of cocaine detected in his case. The first story they gave was that he was over the limit as he had 70cls of whiskey and 70cls of port and hadn't declared it.
The fact that, due to delays the suitcase arrived and was opened 5 hours before he even got to Manchester to declare it made them change their story to the former, by which time we were back home. I'm sure if they had found traces of cocaine they would have been there to arrest and search him as he came off the flight. It's all very suspicious, the port was wrapped in bubble wrap and had been give to him by his mum who is married to a very well known person in SA. They are now returning the opened port and whiskey to us.
Does anyone know how we should proceed with a complaint once we have it as obviously the port is worthless now. Just in case you think I'm married to a junkie we have absolutely no idea how (if ) the traces of cocaine were detected.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: 1939 port ruined!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 20:18:16 »
What a tragedy! It sounds like someone was being over-officious, realised they'd spoilt something precious, and concocted the drug story to cover for themselves.

Rose.mary

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 22:31:09 »
I would have the port tested to see if they had drunk (or changed it) I could be they like port.

Rosemary

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 13:16:12 »
hail manchester airport ground staff  ;D

how was the suitcase at MAN before him??

two options here
1) Manchester is one of the busiest airports in the UK, dealing with middle eastern flights means customs continually watch flights and people entering leaving the country and will pull them if so. Where did he fly from? it also means thaat the cusotms officials are experts.

2) they are paid very little and ground controllers are especially known to open bags. thats a world wide thing as apose to just MAN

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 20:24:35 »
He started off in Cape Town to J'burg to Skipol but due to delays and missed connections he was diverted to Paris. Don't know how case got there before him, he arrived at 7pm but case had been opened at 3ish. Still haven't recieved whiskey and opened Port yet!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal