Author Topic: Old plot and new one  (Read 2109 times)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Old plot and new one
« on: April 08, 2006, 13:27:40 »
Hoping they'll both be like Plot 12 by this time next year

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
Re: Old plot and new one
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 17:35:27 »
Looks like someone else will be busy!  :)

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 06:11:54 »
Crikey graw, that's what you get for taking over a plot at the start of the growing season! Ordered the black plastic? But No.12 do look lovelee, hope you enjoy bringing the new one up to muster (or should that be under CONTROL lol ;) It's so nice to see your lotties and the footprint you make on them! ;D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 09:13:54 »
Well I've had the plot since February but the weather has been foul every weekend and that's when I'm free to go in winter. Better now though, but too busy planting up plot 12. >:(

I think my new neighbour (to the right in the photo) is building a 3 bedroom house. ;)

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 09:18:41 »
It certainly looks like you will have your spare time occupied now  ;D

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress. No12 has set the standard !
The impossible is just a journey away ...

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 15:43:21 »
Cor! Good luck with that one - wish I lived nearer to help with the diggin - I LIKE diggin :D  Bit at a time - and keep your blood sugar levels up :P

Look forward to seeing pix of the progress......what are you planning there for this year?

Lish

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 15:52:04 »
Well as you can see from this picture the plot to my west is mainly just a large polytunnel. (provider of yummy peaches later in the year. ;)).

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 15:58:18 »
Along the boundary fence I am hoping to plant globe artichokes. Then a path (from north to south) and then a bed to take my remaining potatoes.

I haven't thought much beyond that really but I do have to find somewhere for my prize-winning pumpkins so at least one other bed will need to be cleared for that.

OMG there's the sweetcorn too and the celeriac .... ;D ;D

Tomorrow I have to weed the fruit bushes and prepare legume beds in Plot 12, then I'm going to start on the new one. It's Plot 20 BTW. (I just knew you would want me to share that with you.)

The plan is to burn as much as possible of the top growth then use right angled fork to attack the nasties, then dig. We'll see. ::)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 17:41:20 »
Just as well you're allowed bonfires then......gonna be quite some conflagration ;D ;D ;D

Really nice to read of all the plans you've got for 20 ;).......dreaming of prize-winning pumkins (no, not gonna go back to put a P in it...rather like 'pumkins' 8)), and globe artichokes? LOVE them. There's a great Italian recipe using mint & garlic & breadcrumbs stuffed down the centre...to die for!

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 19:50:29 »
:o

Wow! What a great plot...both new and old!
Plans sound great, not done globe artichokes but if Lishka posts recipe somewhere, i might be tempted!

Good luck with it G

;)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 19:54:12 »
Thanks Katy!

Alishka let's be having your recipe lass! Tell those seedlings what's in store for them. ;)

flowerofshona

• Half Acre
  • Life is a lottie
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 20:39:31 »
Lord that brings back memorys!! we have had a few plots (due to moving) and they have all been in that state until this time and both the new plots needed some tidying and clearing but had been cultivated last year so that was a bonus, but i can remember the back breaking clearing couch grass and getting down to the soil  ;D
Can't wait to see the 'after' pictures  :)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 18:07:50 »
By Popular Request  8) I'll post the recipe for Carciofi alla Romana in 'Recipes'......up to you, then, to grow 'em  ;D - best get diggin...

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 19:05:40 »
Thank you!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal