Author Topic: Pond - Got there at long last!  (Read 2443 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Pond - Got there at long last!
« on: April 19, 2006, 13:02:56 »
I am pleased to announce that my pond is finaly sorted out and finished after many months and loads of problems. I have even now started to plant it up, athough this bit isnt quite finished yet.

In addition the bog garden next to it (which was there first) has been completely replanted and some new plants added.

Below are a couple of pictures

A general veiw of the area

The Pond

The Bog Bed

Doesnt look much now but hopefully in a few weeks the plants will get going and it will start to loook realy nice.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: Pond - Got there at long last!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 21:15:15 »
Richard, that looks fantastic, is that the same bog garden you had before ?did you change it or is it another one.  Everything looks great well done you 10/10. ;D ;D ;D

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 10:06:39 »
Richard, that looks fantastic, is that the same bog garden you had before ?did you change it or is it another one.  Everything looks great well done you 10/10. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Rosebud. Generaly speaking it is the same bog garden, however I had to take a chunk out of it to fit the pond in, and it has had to be cleared completely and replanted to fit in with the pond. When i came to plant it up I decided to modify its shape slightly and extend it at the same time, giving me of course a bit more room to plant into. ;-) :-)

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 19:06:23 »
oooh it looks gorgeous, nice to see pictures,wish i had one.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 22:58:39 »
;) That looks the biz Richard :) I am impressed well done and well worth the effort. 8)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 13:48:20 »
Well done Richard, that looks really great ;D  All your hard work is really paying off :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 14:17:20 »
Love it. IMHO very well thought out. Please post some more pics later in the year.
Lorna

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 14:29:03 »
That looks fab Richard, in a few months time it will look as if it has been there for ages! Well done! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 10:12:17 »
Thanks to all for replies. I am glad you all like it. :) :) :) . I have to say that the only real problem i have with it is a seemingly constant state of cloudyness - a sort of rusty brown cloudy rather than (the expected) algae green sort of cloudyness. it persisted long after the pond was completed. However i think it is clearing now.

I am amazed at the growing abilities of water plants. I had read that they were strong growers , but I hadnt expected movement in less than a week! (or so it seemed). They are like fireworks arent they? Light the touch paper and stand well back!  ;D ;D ;D

machman5

• Half Acre
  • South Essex
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 22:27:35 »
Lorna, sorry to sound a bit thick but, what does IMHO stand for?   :-\  Lish has already told me what LMAO means and I worked out BTW for myself but this one has now got me stumped - I am new to 'chatting' with my fingers and need a bit of training when it comes to all the blurb!!  ::)
Thanks, Donna.

Lovely pond Garden Cadet, we are going to start on ours soon but haven't got a clue where to start!  We have bought a preformed one and we want it to be a raised one so it will be the same height as our deck (about 2 1/2 feet high).  Any suggestion regarding support/frame would be very welcome  ;D ;D ;D
I smile because I have no idea whats going on!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal