Author Topic: Couch grass and the heavy brigade  (Read 7102 times)

Common_Clay

• Acre
  • Loved
Re: Couch grass and the heavy brigade
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 10:28:37 »
Seedling couch takes a while to start producing rhizomes, so if you keep reasonably on top of things it can't become a problem. ou keep reasonably on top of things it can't become a problem. It's established couch which is the nightmare.

Thanks a lot R_B, that'll be an encouraging thought next time I break my back.  ;D

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2006, 21:02:35 »
I attempted to help you by suggesting that a search on the subject might be appropriate, if you had done so you would have found all you needed to know. On the other hand the "Helpful" comment tells me all I need to know

You have now joined a very exclusive group (there are only 2 others in it) , people who's postings are blocked from my PC, well done

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2006, 22:17:59 »
Been taking those grumpy pills again ??? ???

Diesel

• Half Acre
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2006, 22:48:58 »
from looking back MT it looks to me like you came into the thread telling people that they were wrong to say that couch can't be rotovated, which is fine if it is true,reading on you say that it can be done with a proper technique but then don't let on what your technique is,I find it odd that you felt it necessary to let us know that your couch killing technique was so good without actually telling us what you actually did,I am just a bit puzzled as to why you went to the effort to join in with the thread when you really couldn't be bothered giving any usable information.Isn't it ok for people to ask questions that may have been discussed before? maybe what they found in a search didn't quite give them what they were looking for.I am sure that many people here don't mind repeating advice which has been given out many times before,at the end of the day the reason we are here is to share knowledge gained and for the more experienced to pass on tips n tricks that might help us new folk out. At least I hope thats why...... bring me sunshine eh?........

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2006, 23:55:03 »
OK

1. If in searching somebody doesn't find what they were looking for then they didn't search thoroughly enough, fine but if that's the case then being rude is hardly going to encourage others to provide assistance

2. I'm not in fact here to help "new folk out" as you put it, I don't mind giving a little guidance or encouragement but I am not a free information service. This is a forum where anyone can come to chat, waffle or even to be downright rude to others if the fancy takes them but please don't expect me to accept rudeness gladly

3. "Give me sunshine" is not a request, it is an obscure reference that I don't care to explain, to someone I admire a great deal

4. I don't need pills to make me grumpy, a simple offhand remark like "helpful" in the right context is sufficient

5. I don't actually know why you have decided to involve yourself

6. If you don't like my remarks, don't read them, thats cool with me 8)

Diesel

• Half Acre
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2006, 00:20:06 »
i involved myself for the same reason you decided to, isnt this a forum where people can come to chat?
It is nice to hear you admire me a great deal. thanks  for that and for helping to build the community spirit.  ;D

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2006, 00:47:45 »
Likewise

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2006, 08:54:14 »
To get shut of couch feed it with a liquid fertilizer get it all nice and leafy then spray it with Glyphosphate (Roundup.Tumble weed etc ) after about 4 weeks its dead...  ;)   but dont wait till back end of season to do it  .. Cheers Jim..
Cheers .. Jim

Common_Clay

• Acre
  • Loved
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2006, 10:35:14 »
Good idea Jim, many thanks. :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal