Author Topic: Growbags reduced at B&Q  (Read 2424 times)

Aylana

• Not So New ...
Growbags reduced at B&Q
« on: April 06, 2006, 14:17:12 »
I have just been infomed by a reliable source that B&Q have reduced their growbags to 63p!  She said that it wasn't marked down that they were reduced she only found out when she got to the till.  I am going to go and have a look as I will be needing some soon!

Larkspur

• Acre
Re: Growbags reduced at B&Q
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 15:18:44 »
Thanks for that I'll go and have a look myself.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 21:32:28 »
I had to get some multipurpose compost today. As I was passing b&q I got 2 bags for a tenner. What a waste of money it smelt stale and acidy. It will teach me not to be lazy in future and get my compost from the proper supplier. I hope your grow bags are better value and not made at the same place.

onionhead

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 21:51:25 »
Wickes are currently doing a pretty good offer: 4 80-litre bags of general purpose compost for a tenner. Or if you don't fancy shelling out too much try your local council tip. Here in Suffolk they let you fill a bag for £1. I've got a scam going with a really huge rubble sack so I can fill my boot for a quid!  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 22:12:22 »
ACE, i got two of them last weekend and was very disappointed, until i threw it in my sopping wet thoroughly drenched beds.  It soaked up the moisture nicely and the soil now resembles something I can plant things in.

I'll not be buying anymore of it though.
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2006, 09:00:14 »
One of our gardeners returned three bags of Focus 'compost' yesterday. It had about 5% virgin woodchips in it and was hard to wet.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 09:27:47 »
I've been very disappointed by B&Q compost. I've got some of their growbags. just hope they're OK. Think I'll go elsewhere to replace them.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 22:32:21 »
I think a lot of them are reducing peat use by using wood - westland multipurpose has, and I had a good whinge after getting 3 for 2 and having to sieve the lot... took me an hour to get through each bag (though it makes filling modules nice and easy and the hard bits are good for bulbs!)

Reminds me, must check my hotmail addy and see if I've got any comment on my saying I wouldn't be buying it again! Wouldn't mind if they weren't such huge bits!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 22:34:54 »
I got a couple of bags of peat-free compost from Wilkinson's the other day, and was quite impressed with it; no bits of cellophane or unrotted wood there.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal