Author Topic: full polt or not full plot that is the question  (Read 1244 times)

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
full polt or not full plot that is the question
« on: April 04, 2006, 22:37:26 »
hey all

the new plot coming on day two and i am buggered

the question is i have dug up five beds at the moment but still have about a 1/4 off the plot not touched

now i have weeded two off these beds and the outher three beds are just turned  them over and will start to weed and sort these out

so what should i do

waggi

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
Re: full polt or not full plot that is the question
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 22:42:30 »
keep going for full polt

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 23:33:12 »
not sure i understand the question fully but i'd go with what you've got now and finish the final 1/4 polt in your own good time.

i've got miniscule polts and already i'm bamboozeled.

:o
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Daisy_Jane

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 10:57:09 »
I took on a second (small) plot next to my original plot. It was overgrown and contaminating all the other plots with weed seeds .... so I covered it in November and last weekend started digging the first bed. It is covered in couch grass and fairly heavy soil. I bought lots (5x3kg bags) of potatoes to help clear the soil and the first bag of earlies will go in today..... In answer to your puzzle though, I plan to leave half of the second plot covered until my stomach and back muscles feel ready for a good work out in the summer  8) .... if you keep your third of the plot covered until you have the energy to tackle it you can't go wrong.

Jane

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 17:14:02 »
thanks jane

that is what i will do

my old plot i covered the whole thig in the autum last year and this year no weeds but i dont have that anymore

waggi

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 19:07:39 »
Me too Waggi. I'm covering my second plot and just "opening it up" bed by bed. Good luck with yours and you DJ

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal