Author Topic: Mind-your-own-business  (Read 2440 times)

vaca

• Half Acre
Mind-your-own-business
« on: April 03, 2006, 22:12:41 »
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone here has had their lawn infested with 'Mind-Your-Own-Business' weed. I'd never heard of it before and managed to find it in www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/myob.htm

The article suggests raking it out. Has anyone had any success in eradicating this weed? and how did you go about it?

Thanks,
Vaca

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
Re: Mind-your-own-business
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 23:15:43 »
Glyphosate and returfing. Seriously.

It's a menace...  I'd innocently put some to grow between pavers in the front, and a bit broke off and rooted in the back lawn. Next thing I knew - it was everywhere.

Didn't come back after that though - and the front got sprayed too. Some things really flatten my organic principles (bindweed's another, though I'm less organic at home than the lottie).  Now the area that had been infested is covered in violets! Can't win!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 23:54:22 »
;D Tee hee, I bought it from a garden centre and had it trained to run along both sides of a brook I built leading to my pond, it looked lovely, like a miniature lawn, trains easily. ;D

I think it's also known as "Baby Tears" too. ;D

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 10:44:54 »
Have bought it as an indoor plant (looks lovely around the soil of a taller plant, bit like moss.  I know that it can be a bit rampant outside but didn't know that it could get to be that bad.  Have you tried the advice given on the site that you googled?
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

fluffygrue

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 12:19:18 »
Hm, if it's flat and green, what's the problem? ;)

Less labour-intensive than a lawn, at any rate.. :D

Melanie

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 14:38:45 »
After reading this thread I went out into the front garden and I now think I have it- aghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :( >:( >:(  ;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 15:47:16 »
I have it in my garden growing at the side of my steps i rather like it,  it softens the  edges and i saw in a garden ing book once that if you dig it up in slices and turn it over you can line your hanging basket with it and it looked very nice.
BUT, i would not like it in my lawn, but it looks good on SOME of the rockery stones ,i just pull it out if i do not want it somewhere, it started out as a houseplant that got on my nerves and now i love it in the garden.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal