Author Topic: What a world!  (Read 3005 times)

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
Re: What a world!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 16:57:53 »
that nero ay?what a lad! ;D

i think we should bring back stocks and birching.

no,i'm not joking...having had 3 sets of charity boxes stolen from our shop counter i now chain then to a 40lb weight...i also keep an indian club behind the counter,tho in 12 years i have only brought it out twice,both times-after slamming it very hard down on my counter-asking the young gentlemen if we were going to hurt each other.

it appears the indian club changed there minds somewhat...its amazing what effect a portly middle aged cross woman has on the youth of today.

well...i think it was me rather than the club i was weilding......

and i thought i was too old to go clubbin' ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 17:10:05 »
you're never too old to go clubbin kitty.  just takes a bit longer to recover  ;D  nice cuppa tea do the trick after ?

:P
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 20:03:55 »
that,and a lie down with a wet flannel on me forehead......
 ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 22:40:46 »
I Sympathise with everybody who has had unpleasant things happen to them.  It does seem difficult to have any belief in justice and fairplay these days.  I so want to believe in the goodness of people, especially young ones, but it is so easy to become cynical.  We had so much vandalism at our Site last year and I personally had my fence burnt down and our greenhosue broken into and used as a site for drug taking.  They graffitied all over the inside of it and left it a right mess, and I know it was young people as I have seen them - a police  officer  and I chased some of them off my plot one day. 

Our local authority have just built a lovely willow youth shelter just outside our allotment gates, it will have a lamp nearby.  The idea is to allow young people somewhere they can congregate safely, and I really do hope it works out well for them and I don't begrudge them a space for themselves.  A lot of my allotment colleagues are just waiting for the trouble to begin, but I am just hoping they are proved wrong. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal