Author Topic: What's In Your Greenhouse?  (Read 5613 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
Re: What's In Your Greenhouse?
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 15:27:53 »
Ths is what is in MY greenhouse. Under the staging are pots of Summer bulbs waiting to go out.
As to what is in the other greenhouses, well just copy the lists from all the above probably.
Gardening is the great leveller.

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 18:49:54 »
Marigolds, Tomatoes [Dombito and Alicante] Chilliies [tropical heat] and peppers [californian sunrise] pleased to say they've all survived the frosts in an unheated greenhouse. Yippee.

timnsal

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2006, 22:23:25 »
Seeds I've only just got round to planting and some bits of wood. Until yesterday, half a roll of loft insulation.

I got mine about this time last year and started with salad leaves. They came up encouragingly quickly - first time I'd managed to get anything to actually grow.  ;D

Sally

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006, 08:35:47 »
This morning a plastic panel had blown off so

what's in your greenhouse - SNOW

when will the weather sort itself out?

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2006, 08:38:39 »
oh no !  much carnage or total ?  was blowing a small gale here too, just going outside to have a quick inspect.
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2006, 12:55:16 »
Unopened growbags, a thermometer and a pile of weeds.

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2006, 22:14:03 »
caulis borcolli peas and cabbage ok - lettuce hmmmm

pakaba

• Half Acre
  • Smile, Life's too short to worry about weeds :-)
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2006, 23:37:29 »
lettuce, spring onion, spinach, radish, dwarf french beans and tomatoes.  Plus  some bedding plants  and some brassicas.

I got inspired by this thread this morning.  How do you think the beans will  do? 

I am trying to eat in season but am missing my french beans... very tempted by the ones in sainsburys so i need them to be a success.

Paula
reduce, re-use, recycle.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2006, 00:15:46 »
As of now only tomato seedlings (second lot as paraffin heaters went out earlier on and first lot snuffed it >:() geranium seedlings,the first sowing of peas and Blue Lake French beans and my wee orange tree, begonias and dahlias..

And somewhere there should be my Cape Gooseberries which we started off in propagators in the house potted on and took down to the lottie but which have now mysteriously disappeared..  We KNOW we took them down, we REMEMBER putting them on the shelf but WHERE ARE THEY?? Did they die off and get chucked - but if so where are the very carefully written labels???  Never mind I still believe they will turn up- maybe with the "good" watch I lost five years ago and which I s till think I will find  - Mr W thinks I am mad.................

PS: Just clutching at straws -  but do the leaves of C.gooseberries look like tomato leaves - never grown them before - and could they be there disguised as tomatoes? :-\
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2006, 00:18:49 »
PS: Just clutching at straws -  but do the leaves of C.gooseberries look like tomato leaves - never grown them before - and could they be there disguised as tomatoes? :-\

In the seedling stage, they tend to be rounder shaped and more hairy.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2006, 00:24:38 »
Thanks, Jenny, as I said just clutching at straws.  Don't want to point  fingers but.................. still a second sowing is better than marital dischord I suppose!!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal