Author Topic: Have MOTHER OF THOUSANDS/MEXICAN HAT PLANT need AFRICAN VIOLET...SWAP ANYONE?  (Read 1874 times)

leesa662000

• Quarter Acre
I have so many Mother of thousands ( a succulent from mexico which procreates by growing plantlets on the edges of its leaves)......

Would anyone be willing to swap a few for an african violet or streptocarpus ......or some leaves from them ?.....

Actually....I'd gladly swap for any type of plant / seeds as I normally end up propogating for my whole street !

Thanks for looking xx

leesa662003@hotmail.co.uk

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
i've got a couple of AV (two different shades, one is more blue, one more purple), that  i can gladly give you some leaves from.

i actually managed to grow one from cuttings last year and was well impressed with myself  ;D

i'll try and pack them in something so they won't squish.

mail on way.
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

sarah

• Hectare
I have two streptoparpus's and will happily send you a couple of leaves from each if you like.  One has beautiful pink flowers and the other has pale yellow multi headed flowers. i would love a little mexican hat plant or cutting of.  PM me with your address if you would like to swap. :)

faeflowers

• Not So New ...
Hello there. I'm Fae, nice to meet you leesa662000   :)

I would love to grow the Mother of thousands plant sucessfully, could you let me know if they prefer partial shade or cooler conditions? I did try an established cutting once in the porch (southish facing) and unfortunately I cooked it whilst out at work! in one afternoon! It was one of the plants that I remember from my Grandmother's house, I have very fond memories of this plant, I just wish I could grow it nearly quite as well as she did.

I have many African Violet plants, ranging throughout all the purples and in particular a small double flowered deep violet , that I would happily send you and also a cutting of Streptocarpus which once grown, I will send on :)

Fae

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal