Author Topic: Mice V sweet peas!! No Contest  (Read 5381 times)

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
Re: Mice V sweet peas!! No Contest
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 23:13:08 »
When both of our cats went to the big cat basket in the sky, the meeces moved in - I also noticed poo in the kitchen cupboards.  Being a townie, I don't have much to do with actual wildlife, so I don't want to kill the 'poor little thing' so OH spent £££ on a humane trap, baited with Cadbury's Dairy Milk.  There he was in the morning, trapped in the cage, all bright eyes and twitchy nose (the mouse, not the OH)  He was then chauffered to Syon Park for his release.....came back home feeling very pleased with self........but then.........more POO - the ungrateful little wotsit had told his mates about this great hotel and a whole colony had moved in - so no more kind and cuddly - went straight to the neck breakers and it took about 6 months to get all of them.  and now your're telling me that they like seeds and seedlings :o :o - maybe I need to rethink the siting of the mini greenhouse, which is currently just outside the back door.

I might set a few traps tonight - just in case....... ;)  BTW we were told that mice find chocolate irresistible - I can relate to that ;D

KevB

• Hectare
  • Now where did I Plant those Seeds
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 08:57:41 »
Hi SMP
Really enjoyed your tale! its the seeds rather than seedlings they go for! by the way what does your name stand for  SMP1704 ???
??? ??? ???
Cheer Kevb
If I wasn't Gardening I'd be shopping!! thank God for Gardening!!

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 09:11:41 »
Hi Kev

Sharon Marie Probets 17th April

So SMP1704 is my initials and birthday.  It's the same sign on that I use for ebay and wasn't feeling very imaginative when I signed on with A4a - thinking about changing it for something more friendly - like Sharon :D

thanks for your advice about the seeds/seedlings - I'll leave the plastic greenhouse where it is.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 16:46:42 »
We bait our traps with peanut butter, they love it! Use the humane types, and hubby takes them off to work with him and releases into a layby in the country, must be a sight to see bloke in suit releasing mouse! ;D ;D
I swear I went past that same layby the other day and there was a mouse holding a sign saying Dp's house, and a suitcase, must have gotten a lift cos they are baaaaaaack!  More peanut butter at the ready! ;D ;D
Last year they also removed all my pea's from their guttering, so not a pea emerged in it, but my Oleader had a marvellous clump of peas growing at it's base! :D  The rotters!!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal