Author Topic: can u see anything?  (Read 1742 times)

sarah

• Hectare
can u see anything?
« on: March 30, 2006, 12:14:46 »

If you can (my first attempt at posting a photo) see my picture, can anyone identify this house plant for me, and tell me the best way to propogate it. please. thanks, sarah.

sarah

• Hectare
Re: can u see anything?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 12:16:01 »
cant believe i managed to post a photo! Mr computer head will faint when he gets home !! ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 13:18:50 »
Can see it perfectly, have no idea what it is but it looks very interesting !

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 13:27:12 »
I had one of those. Someone gave it me. Don't think it ever flowered though. It didn't like being on the windowsill in full sun or near a radiator and appreciated its leaves being sprayed with water.

I put it outside last summer and it did ok (but one of my chickens ate it  ::) )

RIP The Unknown Houseplant!
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 14:31:47 »
From the shape and colour of the leaves I would say it is a begonia plant but as there are dozens of different begonias I would not chance a name. I have a small reference book in frint of me that list 48 types and I am sure there are many more.Sorry I cannot help more.

If you can (my first attempt at posting a photo) see my picture, can anyone identify this house plant for me, and tell me the best way to propogate it. please. thanks, sarah.

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 14:47:00 »
Those look like aerial roots, Sarah, so I would imagine you could just take a bit off and plant it up.
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 14:57:24 »
Hmm most interesting, thank you guys you have given me some good clues.  It is a bit like a begonia isnt it I hadnt really thought of that,  but it does have similar red pigment in the leaves.
Amazin - when yousay take a bit off and plant it up do you mean snap a leaf off where it connects and pot that straight up? sorry to be a bit dense i have only recently started collecting house plants - found this one in a skip and love it.  Thanks Trixibelle I will remember not to let it near your chickens ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal