Author Topic: Now I'm really annoyed....  (Read 8983 times)

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
Re: Now I'm really annoyed....
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 13:55:16 »
don't mind rain today as I am at work and it is watering in all the stuff I got planted yesterday morning.

Manuel is always complaining about my pile of "useful" things I am going to recycle one day too.

I use the ledge above his desk in his office for all my propogators, is our only south facing ledge (all the other windows don't have one) but think he secretly likes them being there and he always waters them for me when he is meant to be working.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 23:07:57 »
My worry right now it the wife vociferously objecting to seed trays sprouting on the windowsills. why can't I put them in the allotment shed? Isn't it warm enough in there? She'll appreciate the veg when it's ripe though, as I'm growing, or trying to grow, all the stuff she likes cooking with.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2006, 23:20:44 »
One of the lay-dees here said she getting a trailer load of manure for Mother's Day :o :o :o
Am VERY jealous! ;D
Twas me....AND the daughter helped barrow it up to the lottie AND then spread it evenly for me........oh joy!
Smile, it confuses people.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2006, 23:42:25 »
>:(

Annoyed????? Oh yeah.....one word......

RAIN

>:(

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2006, 08:13:40 »
now windy here!  Had to rescue my new cloche last night it was gusting so strong!
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 08:58:48 »
One of the lay-dees here said she getting a trailer load of manure for Mother's Day :o :o :o
Am VERY jealous! ;D
Twas me....AND the daughter helped barrow it up to the lottie AND then spread it evenly for me........oh joy!

I'm filling up here emagggie, awwwww!  ;) ::) :D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 09:01:06 by supersprout »

fluffygrue

• Acre
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 11:40:08 »
Am VERY jealous! ;D

My boyfriend tried to get me some for Valentine's Day. I'm not sure whether to worry or not!
(But the farm was closed so I got some a month later as a belated present instead.)

But yes, plenty of rain here lately.. Wish I could try out Gardening by the Moon, but Gardening by the Weather seems more a priority at the moment!

Melanie

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 16:30:28 »
Now I;m really, really annoyed!!!!! Not content with having three days off, and it rained everyday, I have now succombed to the lurgy that is doing the rounds locally.Spent yeserday in bed feeling very sorry for myself, couldn;t go in to work today(40 oldies with the bug ,doesn;t bear thinking about), so have done the job I hate the most!!! THE DUSTING. Will be glad when I can  get the spuds planted though, as theyare chitting under our bed, then Ican do the other dreaded thing, THE HOOVERING.

fluffygrue

• Acre
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 16:50:44 »
Oh no! Get well soon!

..and you could always avoid dusting/hoovering by sowing a few seeds instead. :D

Melanie

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 20:19:54 »
Ewww cookie, good idea to stay away from the battlefield! If you're looking for easy indoor gardening projects whilst you're under the weather, what about making seed tapes? It works for me!
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,57/topic,5605.0
Hope you feel better soon :D :D :D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 20:57:19 »
O.K. Supersprout, it was a cr-p present....... (literally), but I loved it,she loves me (she needs money), and I know you are insanely jealous.
I hadn't even given chocolate a thought untill a passing alotment digger asked if I wouldn't rather have had some. Oh I would, I would.
M x
Smile, it confuses people.

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2006, 21:50:24 »
OH and son no 2 have now got used to the red hair! have today gone even more mad, and have had hair cut short and spiky!!! One of my residents said that I looked like a pixie, I think she meant well. Still really annoyed about the weather, yet more rain in Somerset :( :(

ann hunter

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2006, 09:33:22 »
Red AND spiky, wow Cookie, you devil !!
Sorts the problem of hair getting in a mess when out down the lotty in gale force winds.  It beautiful in the Midlands today, Sunny but very windy, Strong gusts - I hope the geenhouse stands upto it ???
Didnt realise I could pass bugs down the phone. Hope you feel better soon.  Good advice on sowing seeds. Planted loads myself these last two weeks at home. have now run out of windowsills! >:(
when the going gets tough..........

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2006, 13:11:04 »
full of cold myself today and have come home from work early.....wind is still blowing here but sun is shining....at the moment.  Start of the Easter break for me so hoping for 2 weeks of gardening weather..... :-\
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2006, 13:23:28 »
Sunny but too blowy here to risk seeding directly in the ground - and risking my Poundland cloches presenting themselves in the garden of No 84 down the road :o

All plantlets in the greenhouse going great guns now tho - beautifully toasty in there this morning :D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2006, 20:14:47 »
Beautiful day in the Midlands as you say, and I was stuck in school dealing with a Year 10 who I was warned against by three members of staff. He was truly dreadful, but I got him sorted out in the end.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2006, 21:01:20 »
Sorry, this is OT, but Robert what do you teach? I teach German, French and Spanish in Edinburgh's most deprived area and I just love it!!! Albeit sometimes demanding! ;) ;)

ann hunter

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2006, 09:45:07 »
Hi Robert, Its a real pain isnt it,  :-[being stuck in when the weather is beautiful and all you can think of is how great it would be getting grubby and an aching back down the lotty :)   I teach (sessional) health and social care to get my hours in for ITT (2nd part) Where abouts in Birmingham are you?
Maybe some digging would have taken the wind out of your year 10,s sails!
when the going gets tough..........

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2006, 10:27:34 »
ain't it typical amanda, get a snuffle for your hols! hope the blustery weather blows the bugs away. Envy you two weeks of frolics on the plot, looks like your timing was spot on ;D ;D ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2006, 18:44:11 »
I'm an RE teacher, but I'm doing supply at the moment, which means I can get landed with anything. I live in central Birmingham (Ladywood), but I go all over.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal