Produce > Edible Plants

Saffron

(1/3) > >>

jammyd:
Hi all, I was wondering if it's at all viable to grow your own crocus for harvesting its saffron? I have a spare patch next to the herbs!

I understand that there is a particular type of crocus that I'd need to grow - can anyone recommend a reputable dealer (either online or in the Sutton area)

Thanks,
James  ;D

p.s. I used to be a moderator on the BBC gardening messageboard a coulpe of years back, and posted there a little - I recognise a couple of users here, Ina, Lishka - Hello again, remember me?  ;)

cleo:
Yes James you are remembered-and as one of the `good eggs` Lishka is away sunning herself at the moment.

But to your question-to be honest,forget that one-you need an awful lot of plants to get a tiny amount.

Stephan

Muddy_Boots:
Hi James,

No doubt those who know will have some answers re saffron for you.  Just wanted to let you know that Lishka is sunning herself but will be back about 8th March.

Welcome!  Hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us do, it becomes addictive  ;D

Muddy_Boots:
Been reading my script again Cleo  ;D ;D ;D

jammyd:
hi there, thanks for the advice, I don't have too much room spare for saffron, so I'll have to consider an alternative I think!

Any suggestions?

james :)

Away sunning herself? It's alright for some - I got snowed on this morning!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version