Author Topic: RSPB survey  (Read 1803 times)

Juliet

• Half Acre
RSPB survey
« on: March 17, 2006, 22:26:46 »

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: RSPB survey
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 23:54:18 »
Yes,. registered last night and had my reply from the RSPB.

:D :D :D

fluffygrue

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 12:12:43 »
Yup, registered and was very happy to see they're sending me a free packet of wildflower seeds, too!

Melanie

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 17:10:16 »
Thanks, Juliet, I've signed up now.

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 17:31:54 »
Georgie. Even with my no knowledge new hobby I am tempted to register. Especially as they are listing sparrow and starlings. I have dozens of them!!!! Asking this very quietly... is there any difference between sparrow and house sparrow or are they one and the same?
Regards Lorna.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 17:53:21 »
There is House sparrow the 'common' one.  There is Tree Sparrow (uncommon)  they have brown heads.  Dunnock or Hedge Sparrow.  You have seen the Dunnock  many times on here am sure.  Thats it.  easy peasy Lorna.   Someone will put on the RSPB website to show you the different sparrows am sure. 

;D ;D ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 18:06:25 »
Thanks Carol. I know I have a saved site which will probably show me pics. Will have a look, should have done that but you know me I  so enjoy getting results on here.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 18:19:45 »
Carol. Have googled and found articles to read. I have the common one. :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 20:10:14 »
Go for it Lorna.   ;D  i know very little about birds but I love watching them in the garden all the same.  I had about 20 starlings squabbling over my feeders this morning.  I love them (I know others don't) because they are so comical and I think they have beautiful plumage.  Then I had Mr wood pigeon eating for England and Mrs blackbird too.  My guess is I'll only be spotting starlings and sparrows off that list but it all counts eh?

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 20:34:18 »
Georgie. Yep I am going to. When I first started this new hobby I didn't like starlings BUT they have grown on me. As you say the starlings do squabble, the little sparrows just get on with feeding. I love the blackbirds but when I put their food down the starlings pinch it. As somebody else said the blackbirds seem to feed early morning or late afternoon so I now feed them at those times.. Great fun isn't it?
Regards Lorna.
(PS just been checking seeds you sent me for sowing dates)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 21:24:02 »
Good for you, Lorna.  Tis nearly time to get your dibber out I reckon!  :D

G xx

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 21:47:56 »
Thanks for the link!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal