Author Topic: COME ON GUYS NEW CAFE OPEN  (Read 4361 times)

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
Re: COME ON GUYS NEW CAFE OPEN
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 01:27:23 »
How could the birds resist such a smart diner?!  ;D   Btw, I take lots of my bird photos through the window, just rest the lens directly on the glass, and that seems to lessen the glare.  Best of luck Lorna!  :)
Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

nippie

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 11:54:30 »
Hello Lorna, what a fabulous feeding station. I rarely get anything but sparrows on mine (not as grand as yours) I see the odd blue tit, which is infuriating because I can hear them in neighbouring gardens. We did have a blackbird nest in the hedge last year but a magpie attacked it. They are starting to collect nesting material already again this year.
Let us know how it goes and who else visits.
Good luck.  :)
Friendship isn't a big thing.
Its a million little things.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 12:07:23 »
Nippie. Thanks for comments. I couldn't really afford a manufactured one at present, (saving for holiday.) However, metal was in my garage and son is quite a handy chappie so Hey presto he set to and made itThe blackbirds do nest in my conifers and I love them,especially the one in my kitche this morning.(see Demise of my pumpkin seedling ;)
Lorna

nippie

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 12:24:25 »
Sorry Lorna had to answer phone, my son was eager to tell me of the murder mystery evening he went to last night.  :o
What a clever chappie your son is as you say, it looks great and I'm sure it will be very successful given time.
Whats this about pumpkin seeds then?!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2006, 12:35:54 »
Nippie  have a look under edible forum.. headed Demise of my pumpkin seedling. ;D ;D

nippie

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2006, 13:09:53 »
Aaaw what a shame, never mind it might recover. Mind I would have laughed too  ;D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2006, 16:09:18 »
Hiya Lorna, i like your feeding station and the birds will arrive slowly at first, mine is almost the same got it from a garden centre, as Tim says it takes a while for them to decide to use it but my one is very busy everyday, when i hung the coconut fat holder up it must have been 10 days before they touched it, i used to have a bird table in the hedge and hung the cocnuts in there so it wasen`t as if they diden`t know what was there, they just like to case  ;D ;D the joint.
you will get plenty very soon,good luck and keep watching.  Mary.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2006, 11:39:59 »
Hi Lorna!  I have to say I think your bird feeding station is brilliant!  Really nice ,like it lots.

I am over the moon...I've had a song thrush visit the garden twice. Actually it only sat on the fence but fingers crossed! Haven't seen a thrush for about 4 years.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 11:30:04 »
Lorna, how are the birds taking to your new feeding station?  Any bluetits yet and did you get the ½ coconut?   :D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 12:40:22 »
Hi Pauline. My usual visitors took about 10mins to  use the new feeder. No new ones yet. No I didn't get the coconut yet, completely forgot when I was out shopping in town. I only go in to town once a week as we have a new Co/Op super market in the next road. Anyhow I am going in to town tomorrow so had better make a list. John made daughter-in-law a smaller version and she has already had a robin and finch on hers. Mind you they do live a bit out of town with a large area of grass and numerous trees outside their front gate..There is also a bridle path leading to more "country" areas. I could spit!!!!!!!!!!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 17:40:33 »
Fingers crossed for you then Lorna.   ;D ;D

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2006, 19:30:23 »
Hi Lorna,

Hope the feeder is attracting attention!

Was wondering if you put anything on the ground (patio?) for the

ground-feeding birds.

I like to see the antics of the birds in the garden and they are well fed by me,

so much so, I'm sure the blackbird waits for me to put out his breakfast each day ;D

Good luck with yours.

Debs

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2006, 20:11:39 »
Hi Debs. Yes I put the fruit on the  patio and some seed, sunflower hearts etc. As the starlings are so greedy I am inclined to put that food out either early morning or late afternoon. Then my lovely pair (I think they are a pair, there is a him and a her :)) of blackbirds  enjoy feeding when the starlings are not around so much.
I wasn't very keen on starlings but I must say their squabbling keeps me amused and I have got quite fond of them.

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2006, 07:03:00 »

I wasn't very keen on starlings but I must say their squabbling keeps me amused and I have got quite fond of them.
they're a scream.......the neds of the bird world ;D
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2006, 20:55:38 »
Lorna its wonderful to see your fantastic new feeder now all set up in your garden.
Ive been following your story with delight, right  from you first mentioning encouraging more birds to being inspired by other bird feeders to create your own, which i now have my beady eye on  ;)

My OH is very creative with metal too and as ive been watching Johns creation come together ive been wondering how to approach OH with my new "must have"...lol
It will cause a bit of eye rolling i am sure, his eyes, suffice to say, not mine  ;D

I really hope that you get new varieties of garden birds visiting you as i know the birds give you great pleasure.I bet your hubby is chuckling away from above watching you as you keep so busy and get up to your antics  :)  ;D

Well done Lorna, i am chuffed to pieces for you and thank you so much for such an enjoyable tale that ive thoroughly enjoyed reading over the weeks. :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2006, 21:22:02 »
Thanks honeybee. Still waiting for new arrivals but I am content to watch the birds that are visiting. Any newcomers will be more than welcome.
I think poor John sometimes wishes he had a brother instead of three sisters..Today he came for a cuppa with his wife My first question was "Can you sort my printer, it has stopped!!"Afraid the printer has had it. Second  request was "Can you please fit these bracket things in my porch (the strips of metal with slots in so that you can fit the inserts anywhere to hold shelves). Yes Mum, have you got rawplugs,, screws, drill etc.?"  Yes dear!! I am actually quite good (for an old 'un) with a drill but never get things straight.)
Last request I wanted him to show me how to do something on the computer. He said "OK you make another cup of tea first" That was the fourth one. So endeth his visit ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal