Author Topic: how much is your yearly rent  (Read 9480 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: how much is your yearly rent
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 21:10:55 »
Ours went up from £9 to £13 a year this year- talk about inflation! Don't get anything for that (no water etc), except the council cuts the outer side of the hedge because it's on a public footpath!

machman5

• Half Acre
  • South Essex
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2006, 22:53:05 »
Mine is £20 per year.  For that we have standpipes (one between 4 plots) from April to Oct, a portaloo (need innoculations before using though!!) and secure fencing with padlocks at each end.   :-\

I did have a shed when I took it on but it had no roof and half the larchlap missing.  :(

When we were run by the council, the whole place was a mess - overgrown and empty plots being used by locals as a tip!  The bounderies were mainly Hawthorn bushes with wire fencing which was all broken.

When we became 'Self Managing' we laid down the condition that the fencing was to be redone first (by the council) and it was with 6' high steel railings.

Now we have got a commitee that keep things running great!

By the way, the council were going to put the rent up to £40 that year and then £70 the following year!!  :-\

Forced us to go 'self managing' really.
Donna
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 20:57:15 by machman5 »
I smile because I have no idea whats going on!!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2006, 20:30:44 »
Hello, I help run our site, Littleover Lane Allotments, I'm that man they all love to hate the treasurer. Our rent was £10 pa for 300 sq yards but we had to surcharge for water £5pa. So I bit the bullet and got a 50% rent increase to £15 pa from sept 06. We are odd in that we are a limited company and own the site ourselves. We have water, stoned paths and a toilet block with disabled facilities. As rep to the city forum I was informed that the average rent in Derby is £28-30 for this full size plot.

David
 :(

Money_Bunny

• Half Acre
    • Blogging in Bulgaria
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2006, 19:32:48 »
We pay just short of £20 per year per plot (£19.80 I think)

Owned by the local council, run by a committee of mostly friendly guys. We have water from april till end of october and can just about do anything or plant anything. Livestock allowed too, in fact our horses and goat live on part of the allotment land that none of the gardeners would use (approx 5 acres in total).

We do have security gates but crime is a problem still, the local youths seem to have worked out when there isn't anybody around and are blase enough to break in during the day!!! We've had some arson problems too and our caravan (on the stables site) was torched a couple of weeks back.

Before we got the plot for growing veggies on the gardeners often helped me out with jobs around the stables in return for manure. Or maybe that was just coz I'm a girl lol
British Ex-pat now living and gardening in Bulgaria.

powerspade

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2006, 09:44:22 »
We pay £13.00 per year per member, for that I have two 10 pole plots, a shed, water, we have put in a new Toilet, water dipping baths around the site, tarmac roadway.

Digger_07

• Not So New ...
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2006, 16:38:18 »
Mine is £24.70 for a 200 square metre plot plus £10 for wat which is very close to each plot.  There are only 10 plots on the site and I could do with a few more neighbours if anyone is interested in taking a plot.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2006, 22:52:01 »
10m x 50m = £0000000000000000000000 yes 00000000000000 nada

MonsterMum

• Half Acre
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2006, 16:00:51 »
How did you manage that Olive?

We pay £30 per year for our 250m2 plot but have the first 3 months for free to clear it.  We have water every few plots, good site security and a site shop.  No toilets though so behind the bushes it is  ;)

It seems to be pretty much anything goes on the site as long as we don't upset our neighbours

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2006, 17:02:26 »
Mines 500m2... I think its free as its something to do with everyone being given eviction notice last year for a new road that is going to be built. But the truth is the road will never be built due to railway bridge and this and that and the other. So since the eviction notice noone has had to pay - equally no one has left either and new people are signing up for plots too!  Its privately owned and the woman lives in America - this is all hearsay by the way LOL.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal