Author Topic: how much is your yearly rent  (Read 9614 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: how much is your yearly rent
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 22:52:43 »
Three pounds per plot.  No running water - apart from ditch, no security.  However, we can have sheds, plant trees and other permanent plantings and are surrounded by idylic countryside so zero traffic noise or pollution!  Lovely place, the garden of Eden dontchano!

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2006, 12:35:42 »
Ours is £20, but we get quite a lot for that. Security fence and gates, store, toilet, running water (when the handpumps work!), concrete paths, and the association run their own composting so dirt cheap bags for us. The store is dirt cheap and sells more or less everything including second-hand tools. Sheds ok, trees ok within reason - more or less anything ok within reason. No nagging if plot is untidy, although some laughter if plot is chaotic.  :-[
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

Plottie

• Half Acre
  • MMM , Raspberries !!!
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 13:06:52 »
Ours is £21.50 (reminds me - got the bill last week and haven't paid yet  :-\)and for that we get security fence (round entire site not individual plots), gate onto site, site shop, running water, skip a couple of times a year (and if you don't get your stuff into it in the first hour, you've no chance!) and 'maintained' paths (i.e. grass cut twice a year)
We're allowed to put up sheds and greenhouses but no livestock allowed.  Quite well run site with regular committee meetings open to all and no hassle from site secretary unless things are totally neglected for months when a polite (I believe - never having had one!) letter comes out requesting the plot is tidied.
It's a big site with plenty of available plots
Plottie  :)

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2006, 09:55:27 »
£26
Water butt and tap at the end of it.
----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

David R

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2006, 20:37:22 »
£25 or thereabouts. Water trough, secure fences, shop, manure, pallets and sheds.

not bad for 20 miles from London.

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2006, 22:37:25 »
£44 in Isleworth c/o LB Hounslow.  We seem to be the forgotton plot.  good in someways - we can just get on with our plotting, but on the other need to hassle the council for everything e.g. annual skip delivery, vacant plots, turning on the water, sharing the woodchips.  I even have the allotments team number in my mobile ::) 

No loo or trading hut but can have sheds, g/h's and trees. 

Doesn't seem to be a problem with vandalism (touching wood) but the local children have scrumping down to a fine art.  Last summer two children were challenged about being on the site (carrying an empty plastic bag)  They said their Mum had sent them for some runner beans and potatoes :o :o 

Is that the most expensive annual rent so far - given the lack of amenities??

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 14:30:36 »
I pay £35 per year (fenced and with water supply). It's owned by council but they do not do anything at all.   

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 20:39:27 »
The parish council doubled our rent this year  >:( its now £10 a year  ;D

Only one tap about 100yds away, no sheds allowed - but for £10 i'm not complaining.
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

Dave V

• Not So New ...
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 01:22:19 »
£29 plus got first 6months free as a new tenant (may to dec)

And we actually got some veg out of it too

myrtle

• Half Acre
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 08:32:55 »
Ours is a 'secret garden' on private land owned by the church, who take nothing for it but supply running water and electricity and secure storage.

The six allotmenteers (all women) pay £20 each to 'the boss' (one of the six) to pay for hedgecutting, hoses, waterbutts and compost bins and any repairs etc. Most have sheds but it's too small for greenhouses. Grow what you want apart from tall trees.  No hassle and no committee. Bliss!  :)

mugstar

• Not So New ...
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 23:29:34 »
£15 p.a. for a half-plot. Decent sized, though, we've got eight full-sized beds and a greenhouse. The site is secure, has a hall with a kitchen(!), real toilets, communal areas, skips a few times a year, running water via several standpipes. Nice place. :)

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2006, 21:25:36 »
Bill paid today!! Full lottie free this year as it was so overgrown,when we took it on. Half lottie £2.50!! No water or loos etc, but we can do anything we like re planting and sheds etc.

Justy

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 12:43:57 »
mine is £11.50 for half a good size plot.  We have running water but no shop or allotment society as is owned by parish council who impose no rules or regs about what we can or can't do.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 13:16:44 »
20£ for a whole one and 10 for a half  I have 1+1/2  no sheds :'(
no power no taps (we have water troughs) no glass allowed (good rule I
think) but as aforementioned it's my bit of england
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

deboydoyd

• Half Acre
  • Bit of digging - it'll be fine
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 13:49:13 »
£14 for the year, taps for water, communal wheelbarrows, rubbish collected (occasionally) and infrequent deliveries of hedge clippings for mulch/paths. Best bit is its enclosed by a big metal fence and padlocked (not aesthetically pleasing but serves a purpose)

giantseye

• Half Acre
  • I love my lottie
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2006, 17:38:57 »
Our is £22 for a full plot and £11.00 for 1/2.

It has security fence all round, and running water.

The council doesn't have anything else to do with it, and we don't have loo's or a shop, which is a pity.

Just taken over a plot which has been overgrown for 3 years, so they've given that one to me for a year, as long as it is sorted out.

I must be mad ::)

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2006, 14:24:11 »
£20.58 for 10½ rods, mains water, block of brick built sheds, secure fencing/gate, no fires, no livestock, greenhouses/tunnels allowed with written consent.

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 17:39:01 »
I pay £8 a year for about a third of a full allotment, no water, no electricity, no manure, nothing. I love it, but I am green with envy at what many people here get for their money. We are not supposed to put sheds up, but blind eyes are turned. There is an old apple tree (possibly Cox, very late ripener) on my plot which shades things out a bit, but I like it very much and resist all attempts to persuade me to get rid of it (how, anyway???).

I would love more space, but the man who runs us says there is a waiting list, in spite of the fact that big allotments either side have been neglected since last spring. He also says he will only add to people's allotments if  the new part is directly above or below the one they have! He won't release bits here and there as they become free! Is this reasonable?

ugly gourd

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 18:19:46 »
£1.60 a pole 80p for OAPs water butts (we asked the town council who own the plot for more so they got everything and hired a mini digger and a work party from the allotment association was arranged and we installed them ourselves) sheds no bigger than 8ft by 10ft greenhouses and polytunnels OK no bonfires after dusk.Plots inspected three times a year with an allotment association committee member for neglect and also for best allotment cup presented at town council annual dinner

jlottie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 19:12:01 »
I pay £25 per year, run by the council, no loos,water or anything else ! I have been sending gentle emails to the inspector, who is rarely seen, to check out what other allotment holders around the county get for their money - gentle doesn't seem to be working though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal