Author Topic: how much is your yearly rent  (Read 9615 times)

gardening giraffe

• Quarter Acre
  • Don't you just love eating veggies!
how much is your yearly rent
« on: March 14, 2006, 07:36:02 »
I was just thinking the other day how much other people pay for renting their plots, the allotment site down the road from mine charges £12.00 more a year than mine which I thought was really reasonable at  £15.00 per annum for a full size plot. There are 60 plots on site which less than half are uncultivated and vacant. We can have a shed  to be (either burnt out or stolen  :o) and lovely little shop onsite which is £2.00 a year and 25%  discount off goods. All in all a good deal  ;D
Lisa xx

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
Re: how much is your yearly rent
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 07:41:34 »
For a general idea about rents have a look at this thread GG

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,57/topic,10918.0

mine is £16 / year

faeflowers

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 22:12:37 »
We pay £47.64 a year for our council run allotment (244 sq.m) Facilities: water, society shed/shop. It seems quite a lot compared to other allotment sites, but we're happy to pay it, it's a lovely plot, we've only had it since November 2004 but been really lucky, already had a shed and a greenhouse installed, the land however hadn't been cultivated for years and been used as a dumping ground, it took a lot of clearing and still has a lot of work to be done.

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 22:24:07 »
£34.50 a year, for which we get absolutely nothing, apart from councillors moaning about somebody leaving taps dripping.

Geoff.
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 22:33:53 »
£15 per year.   Water on tap.  Nice lady at council
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Simon05

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 22:36:48 »
I pay £3.50 per year, must be because its private owned, all allotment holders have share certificates. So I assume that if they do sell the land then all share holders would be entitled to a cash payout, something that I hope doesnt happen for years

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 23:16:19 »
Bargain. Mine is £32.50 for which the council clear away the rubbish pile occassionally and we sometimes have running water - though it has been off all over winter. Has reminded me to find out when it comes back on actually....

Mouseski

• Quarter Acre
  • Killmouseski "Pest Control"
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2006, 16:33:56 »
We pay £24 a year, no water, no shed, no greenhouse.  :(
But we do have a stream - its really pretty! :) If we wanted water and buildings we would have to join a very long waiting list. Just glad to have a little plot to call our own. Other lottie owners are glad we are there as it discourages the council from trying to build on the site!
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001)

cowellen

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 14:48:25 »
mines £30 for the year and £5 deposit on the Key for the main gate.

;D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 15:35:15 »
£15 a year per plot. Water on tap. Rotovators etc available to borrow. No shop. No toilets.

mokanoo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 19:49:35 »
£4.06 (odd amount) a year, the plot is owned by the parish but comes with no running water (not unless you count the stream running through). Bargain!!!

gardening giraffe

• Quarter Acre
  • Don't you just love eating veggies!
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 10:30:57 »
Does anyone have a plot in wolverhampton  ???  ???
Lisa xx

ann hunter

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 12:13:18 »
Not quite, got one in west brom, near Sandwell Valley. Shop, Water Skips  1 - 2 per year. Manure delivered. Lots of lovely friendy people, ;D
when the going gets tough..........

ann hunter

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 12:13:53 »
Oh yes and its £15 per year.
when the going gets tough..........

cliff_the_gardener

• Quarter Acre
  • Puschkina libanotica
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 12:42:24 »
I have a half plot, which costs £15 pa.
There are two allotment sites in the town, both next door to each other.  One is a private allotment association the other is the town council, with whom I have mine.
The site is small, only 17 plots, and was created in the late 1950's.  The site used to be an orchard, two old trees remain.
There are several stand pipes on the site (one directly next to mine, which is convienient), but no other facilities exist.
No plots available, I had to wait 18 months for mine.
Clifford

sandallwood

• Not So New ...
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006, 13:39:26 »
mine is £16 for the year have tap near by and communal free manure ( not that i need it yet) looked at one owned by the parish council and the rent was £8 didn't go for that one as i wanted a shed and they said no :'(
loads of allotments in my area up for grabs  :D
Spring the sweet Spring,is this year's pleasant King.

Vez1

• Half Acre
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2006, 16:40:39 »
MIne is £16 a year. Our land is owned by the convent next door. Anyway we have running water, sheds and greenhouses on all the plots. Mine have been cleared and dug over for me when I took it over.
My new greenhouse was built and completed for free last week.
So we get a very good deal.

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 16:50:10 »
£10 a year for ours - but as half the allotment land has just changed ownership (it's privately owned) we expect the prices will go up this or next year. not yet paid for 2006
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 17:10:41 »
£3.50 per year for half plot.  Owned by a charity.  No rules and regs really apart from no trees.  No water, no toilets, no security.  No shed - but I can have one if I want - and I do so want!!
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

NeilB

• Not So New ...
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 20:43:27 »
I pay £48.50 for mine and get a tap right at the end of my plot!. I've had my plot since last Dec and just taken on the overgrown one next door aswell!. Although I do confess to be completly obsessed and in love with my lottie and cannot wait for my first summer this year on my own bit of England!! ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal