Author Topic: sweet smelling ...  (Read 1671 times)

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
sweet smelling ...
« on: March 02, 2006, 20:13:27 »
Woo-hoooooo, finally managed to get the manure man to commit to a delivery date - am getting a trailor load next weekend !  By sheer coincidence  ;) folks just happen to be visiting that w/e  ;) ;) so have promised them a day out ... just need to find another barrow now !  hee hee

I'm intending to make my potato trenches and put the manure in and refill with soil until I'm ready to plant the potatoes (will follow Tim's advice and do this around Good Friday) - if anyone thinks, or KNOWS this is a BAD idea, please tell me.  Going to store the rest for a while.  Have been told its very well rotted :)

mc

scotch-mist

• Acre
Re: sweet smelling ...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 23:14:47 »
Nice one mc55,
                     Glad to see someone else excited about a trailer load of manure, everyone I know thinks I'm mad ;D

Lucky you getting it delivered, I have to pick mine up(double the shoveling :()

Alone, nobody will touch it with a barge pole ;D ;D ;D

We'll have the last laugh when everyone else starts growing two noses through eating their additive laden veg and we've got freshly grown ;D ;D ;D
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:47:46 »
Congratulations on your trailer full mc! :o Gave my friend five bags of horse manure for Valentines Day to rapturous glee, she took one as a gift to her mum in law (82) and spread it over her patootie patch, and mum in law was thrilled. More of us mad about manure that you'd think ...?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 09:52:15 by supersprout »

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 10:44:57 »
Good Friday for maincrop,

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 12:51:12 »
Nice one Mike B,
                       just what I needed, I will note it in my gardening calender and use year after year,             thanks ;) ;)
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 19:09:52 »
thanks guys ... saw the trailor today - its bleeding enormous, naively i thought it would be a car trailor, but its actually a tractor trailor - the length of which is the same width of my lottie  :o

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 20:41:18 »
big jobs for big jobs mc55 8)

sueparkin

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 21:02:20 »
Hope you got it all stacked Michelle. Sorry I couldn't come and help - had a busy weekend with the family.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal