Author Topic: OH No Its Snow  (Read 7727 times)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
Re: OH No Its Snow
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2006, 10:14:51 »
Have a great break, Mrs. KP - sure you'll find warmer temps. than you've got up there in the Frozen North 8)

Cheers!

i'm going to quote you on that when i'm standing on the terraces on saturday freezin my wotsits off.

:D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 10:44:55 »
what you going to watch Missus ?

snow flurries here   high wind  and NOT NICE

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2006, 12:52:20 »
being a big game glory hunter, we're going to the biggest game of the day ...... the mighty Millwall vs Leicester   :P.  Another MUST win situation for the Wall (but it has been like that all season so Saturday won't be any different).   :P

Our football message board are having a big get together after the match as one of our crew is over from Australia, so we thought it would be a good time to go down and visit.   I mean, if he can make is from Aus, we had to make the effort from Glasgow eh ?  ;D  It's going to get messy  :o

And while we're down we have to visit my nan, daughter, mum and dad, so it will be the usual whirlwind tour.  tbh i can't wait to get back Monday night and start sowing.

everything's in the bath with the irrigation system set up (thanks Windy  ;D), the birds have 5 days of food in the garden and if they eat it all today, then they're greedy wee things and it's their own fault if they run out.  the outside plants have all been watered, and i think we're pretty near ready to rock and roll.  so i can sit back with my cuppa and put my feet up ready for the taxi to get here.

you'd think with the way i've been running round all morning that we were going for a fortnight !   :o

if i don't get on somewhere over the weekend, have a wonderful weekend chaps and chapesses, i'll be missing you all.

;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 13:29:50 by MrsKP »
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2006, 13:03:10 »
Mrs. KP. Hope you find some sunshine!! Have a good holiday, will take you ages to catch  up on posts when you get back ;D
OMG!! Just read the rest of the posts.. no sunshine for you then, anyhow enjoy!!!!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2006, 13:23:53 »
And I thought it was just SHOPPING  ;D ;D ;D

Sure they've gone by now......can imagine it's going to be a pretty liquid weekend - inside and out 8) (she's gonna need those dark glasses ) ;D

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2006, 07:28:45 »
hurray - my toms & peppers have decided to germinate this morning ;) :) :D

booo - another fresh blanket of snow  :-\ :'( :-[

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2006, 07:58:21 »
You are all very lucky, we have had NO snow boo hoo! :'(  My children are really fed up with it.  In fact I told my husband yesterday that when we retire we are going to live somewhere that gets lots of snow!  While you are probably all fed up with it, we would love just a little bit!

glow777

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2006, 06:29:22 »
Looks like the end is in site.

Really bad frost here this morning - It's give -6 with a windchill of -10 (night temps)but looking at the week ahead Friday is up to 10C at night. About time too

:) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D :) :D ;D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2006, 08:01:38 »
Don't count your chickens.

It's not long ago when our route to the station was blocked by 3' of snow!!

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2006, 09:18:32 »
I can garantee that the snow and Sub zero conditions will persist until at least Thursday - That's when the roofers will finish re-doing my roof and loft.  Nothing like a piece of tarpaulin and a thin layer of lath & plaster to keep you in touch with external temperatures!
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2006, 10:10:39 »
for a change in manchester it is sunny blue sky only marks in the sky  are the plain lines
if i sit by the window its warm if i open the door its clod but at least the washing can go out I'm hoping it will warm up in time for collecting eldest from school  8) ;D

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2006, 11:38:08 »
We had a heavy frost last night, ponds frozen yet again,  - poor frogs!  Beautiful sunny day here this morning with clear blue skies, but it is sooo cold. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2006, 19:00:09 »
"oh no it's snow"?........oh no it's not ;D  Beautiful day here in S. Brum today - gardened at a new client's garden from 10.30am - 4.00pm in brilliant sunshine. 3 fat robins for company and lunch in the sun. Downside..garden's in the flight path of Chanook helicopters bringing wounded from Iraq via Germany to our local hospital.....two came over today. Poor sods. :'(

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2006, 19:05:09 »
Just make sure you're not in the next one - knowing your record!!

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2006, 07:13:20 »
Don't know about snow, but it was 0C in the greenhouse again last night. It hasn't yet been above 3C.

glow777

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2006, 07:30:24 »
Hard frost this morning But shock of the day the bbc forecast for the next 5 days shows no minus signs at all!

in fact its kinda warm

must book my holidays!

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2006, 12:45:44 »
Gorgeous, beautiful sunny day today.  Has Spring come at last to Whitley Bay? We have had so many stops and starts, It is hard to believe the lovely weather we are having today. Do hope tomorrow it all doesn't revert back to winter.  :D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2006, 13:36:51 »
This morning saw the first sign of summer...went to get my car from the lock-up early on and there was a ..huh!...workman?...lying in his wheelbarrow, facing the sun, fast asleep  ;D ;D ;D

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2006, 15:09:58 »
Pleased to say it is going to get warmer after next weekend. Thank goodness for that. But how long will it last???????

The_Snail
Be kind to slugs and snails!

Larkspur

• Acre
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2006, 17:03:07 »
Beautiful sunny morning here. Minimum temperature in my greenhouse last night was 27f, when I came back from the allotment at midday having left both roof vents open when I went out it was 95f!!!!!!! ???

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal