Author Topic: Any bloggers out there?  (Read 10727 times)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Any bloggers out there?
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2006, 16:52:01 »
I'll see how much they mess it about, but yes, I can see it happening. The first one should be out next Saturday.

Petra

• Not So New ...
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2006, 14:58:40 »
The thought of creating a blog scares the life out of me - but it is so nice to read everyone elses, and see what you all do.
:)
My thoughts exactly....I was amazed yesterday when my 8 year created her own web-site posting pictures with speech bubbles coming out of mouths the lot.I think I'll have to ask for some lessons :o

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2006, 18:33:51 »
Just to update those of you who have peeked at my blog: I've finally bitten the bullet and moved away from freeserve - it's now hosted on a proper server which has enough room for me to get slightly more creative (like making the small images clickable to larger versions so you can be extra nosy, or even putting .avi files of virtual tours up).  Will warn folk when I start to do that in case readers are on dial-up!

anyway, new location:
www.moonbells.com  (main entry page of garden website)
www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html  (the diary)

postscript - I can't get the links above to work on my work laptop but I can on the home PC! Can folk let me know please via PM if they get a 404 or an intro screen with red MOVING! notice on? Cos if you do, it's the old forward to freeserve and means the domain name server change hasn't propagated properly yet.

moonbells
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 09:04:11 by moonbells »
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2006, 10:59:40 »
On little problem i am having with my blog is veiwing it when i update it. I post an update then cant veiw the whole updated blog. I can veiw the pre update blog  and the update but rarely all together unless i either use a different browser or access the blog as a 'visitor'. I have a feeling it might have something to do with my ISP browser (AOL) but I am not sure.

has anyone else found this problem?

UPDATE: It would appear that 'Blogger' does not work properly on AOL. So in future i will be updating my blog using MSN or Internet Explorer (probably the latter).

A bit frustrating but there we go.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 11:30:10 by Garden Cadet »

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2006, 16:20:43 »
I do love reading all the blogs, it is like being a nosey neighbour!  ;D

Thanks for all the lovely messages from people about my blog - I fear I will soon bore you all rigid as I start going to the allotment more and more!  ;D ;D

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2006, 18:33:42 »
Garden Cadet - blogger isn't supported properly by Opera either ... I can post text OK, but if I want to add photos then I have to open up explorer and do it through there.

Moonbells - got into your site with no issues, so its obviously worked whatever you did.

I've finally worked out how to add links, so am gradually adding you all to my site - let me know if you'd rather not be linked.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2006, 18:44:57 »
Been a bit lax with my blog recently, been meaning to add some more interesting stuff, about what i have done in the garden, articles photos etc, but just dont seem to have gotten around to it recenly. Best efforts have been a partial update of my weather/temperature diary and a test post, all this despite best intentions to do other wise!

I have no objections to a link in another blog.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2006, 20:00:39 »
Oooh yes, I'd like to be linked please.  :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 23:24:40 by Jesse »
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2006, 10:59:01 »
I am more than happy to by 'linked' .  Now to work out how to do it and link you lot!  ;D

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2006, 12:46:13 »
Now to work out how to do it and link you lot!  ;D

Ditto me!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 12:47:51 by Garden Cadet »

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2006, 13:58:08 »
Just had a go and been sucessfull. On Blogger/Blogspot, you have to start a new post, then copy your link from elsewhere, click on the 'link' button at the top of the create post screen. It then comes up with a box where you can paste the link (make sure you only have 1 'http//'). Now click 'OK' and it will insert the link into the post.

One word of warning it will insert the link into the top of the post and nowhere else and you cant move it other than to insert text above it. If adding multiple links you have to make sure you insert them in the order you want them to appear. Other than that its fairly straightforward - a bit like the photos (lol)  ;D

PS I have added a couple of your blog links as well as the link to A4All in my 'favorite links' section of the blog.

PS (2) Oops! Just realised we were not talking about putting links into posts but into a menu in the main blog. As far as that goes i dont (yet) have a clue how to do it! Sorry!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 14:03:20 by Garden Cadet »

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2006, 14:37:37 »
After a lengthy learning curve i have now worked out how to add links to the side pane of my blog. Its not that straightforward and requires some knowledge of internet code to do it (which i dont!). However i found a helpfull article on the blogger website which I would be happy to pass on if anyone wants to do the same with their blog.

fozzylozzy

• Not So New ...
    • Live journal
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2006, 19:54:33 »
Mine's in my signature.... ;D

Louisa xx

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2006, 21:16:58 »
At the same time as working on my blog i have been taking a look at some of yours. I have to say i wish I could get mine looking as good!  I sem to be having a problem mixing photos and text and making the end result look good. I have ended up doing seperate posts for text and photos and the whole effect is most unsatisfactory (and not very space efficent). I'd ask for help (either on the blogger forum or here) but i dont know where to start!

Anyone care to lookat my blog and offer some tips? Cheers.

PS To cap it all direct photo posting to blogger is currently unavailable, so have been experimenting with other methods and trying to fathom out html in the process.

I think at the end of the day some moral support is required

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2006, 21:23:43 »
I used to have something called Blogrolling on another blog.  I lost it when I had to reinstall Windows once but I'm sure if you google for it you should find the link.  It is basically a small bit of program (I think!) that allows you to have a shortcut up in the toolbar at the top (Links).  You set up an account (free) with your own blog or website and then when you find a site you want to link to you just click the shortcut and it opens up a dialogue box to enable you to give it a title etc.  I remember it working fine and stops all the fiddling about in html in your template. 
 :-\
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2006, 21:31:16 »
Amanda21: many thanks. Have registered and will try it out when i get the chance.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2006, 22:43:17 »
wish I could offer some help GC but mine is a website rather than a blogger site so I'm not sure how it all works for you. Keep trying though, I'm sure you'll get it looking how you want it. :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2006, 11:10:55 »
I used to have something called Blogrolling on another blog.  I lost it when I had to reinstall Windows once but I'm sure if you google for it you should find the link.  It is basically a small bit of program (I think!) that allows you to have a shortcut up in the toolbar at the top (Links).  You set up an account (free) with your own blog or website and then when you find a site you want to link to you just click the shortcut and it opens up a dialogue box to enable you to give it a title etc.  I remember it working fine and stops all the fiddling about in html in your template. 
 :-\

Had a look at 'Blogrolling'. It doesnt seem to work as you described. in fact it seems rather complicated. Are you sure it was 'Blogrolling.com' you used? If it was then it mustve changed since you used it. Might have to find some other way of doing what I want to do.

amanda21

• Acre
  • 40's the new 30 - right?
    • ...and I Hate Worms!
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2006, 21:24:35 »
Hi GC - just been on and it looks the same - you will need to register first and then I seem to remember it is a case of copying and pasting a small piece of code into your blog template where you want the links to go......perhaps it does sound easier than it might be!!!  But I managed it so it can't be that bad!   ;)
http://ihateworms.blogspot.com/  - Why then do I so want an allotment?

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2006, 19:00:40 »
Hi GC - just been on and it looks the same - you will need to register first and then I seem to remember it is a case of copying and pasting a small piece of code into your blog template where you want the links to go......perhaps it does sound easier than it might be!!!  But I managed it so it can't be that bad!   ;)

Amanda21. That last part is the bit that worries me. I am registered with blogrolling, and have a blogroll set up. At the moment i cant work out where the code has to go in the template. I dont want to mess up the blog template by getting it wrong! Have to have another look and be brave i suppose. I managed to add normal links into the template OK so this cant be much harder. Thanks for your help.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal