Author Topic: Difficult Allotments officer  (Read 4468 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: Difficult Allotments officer
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 15:35:13 »
Hi All,
  For those who may not be familiar with bonsai techniques, it is common for small stunted trees to be planted in open ground for a year or two to fatten the trunks, they are then potted up into a shallow bonsai pot as usual. In addition I want to plant some short trees to air layer them so that the trunk is more in proportion with the branches. I have quite a few Acers

Trees are not to be planted on our site as per tenancy rules except the odd dwarf fruit tree.   If it only needs planting for 1 year why could the tree not be planted in a large pot and lifted out annually.  Last but not least... the point is made by the plot holder himself, that he has quite a few acres.  So why not just plant the trees in these acres and use the 1/2 plot for its intended use of fruit and veg.  With so many acres why would you need 1/2 an allotment ::) ::) ::)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

timnsal

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 15:56:15 »
Isn't Acer a type of tree?

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 15:58:03 »
Last but not least... the point is made by the plot holder himself, that he has quite a few acres.  So why not just plant the trees in these acres and use the 1/2 plot for its intended use of fruit and veg.  With so many acres why would you need 1/2 an allotment ::) ::) ::)

The OP never stated they have acres of land they said (4 years 6 weeks & 4 days ago) that they have acers (maple trees) which need to go through the trunk fattening process used for bonsai trees which typically takes anything from 5 to 20 years to complete. Chances are the issue has been resolved by now.
...I have quite a few Acers which could do with the fattening process...

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 16:14:39 »
I misread as Acre to, so its easy done, I'm with Baccy, the geezer was talking about this 4 years ago, maybe someone should PM him if they are interested in more info.  :-\       ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 16:59:53 »
I misread as Acre to, so its easy done, I'm with Baccy, the geezer was talking about this 4 years ago, maybe someone should PM him if they are interested in more info.  :-\       ;D ;D ;D
Kev, some alder threads are just sloe to become poplar, wood yew agree?
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 20:00:15 »
If the bloke was still active yes, but me myself have no interest in anything you can't eat, but some people like to branch out for more knowledge, so I think we should leaf this subject to others to mull over, who knows it might blossom if blackasnight comes back with more info, he seems to know his onions anyway, and thats shallot from me for one night.  ;)       ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 09:27:04 »
I misread as Acre to, so its easy done,
As I mis-read -   1 piece of humble pie coming up 8) 8)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 09:37:19 »
1 piece of humble pie coming up 8) 8)

I would go for the modern version of humble pie if I were you it actually sounds quite nice when compared to the traditional version.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 09:50:40 »
Goodnight all Goodnight XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 09:53:48 »
Sleep tight.. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal