Author Topic: Signs of spring  (Read 2441 times)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: Signs of spring
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006, 19:01:14 »
I think I have spoken too soon.  I have just been looking at the local weather forcast for the North East and snow is forcast  again for this weekend.  Hope the frogs that are cavorting in our pond will be alright.  :( busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2006, 19:34:23 »
We've had 30mm of rain so far this week - well over an inch, and it's great to see! Definitely warmer and more springy. And the daffs are FINALLY out, some 27 days after they were out last year, which gives me my planting schedule baseline (ie very late!)

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Rosa_Mundi

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2006, 20:13:34 »
Ditto, BL - my blackbird is going to be put out if more snow spoils his courtship displays. Still, they do say it's only for a day, and we can use the water.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2006, 23:16:01 »
We've been getting quite heavy showers again today, and it's definitely warmer. I was working in Nuneaton today; I went there last week, and spotted a burnt patch of grass beside the railway line, with a lot of smoke rising. Today it was still smouldering, but there was a lot less smoke. The rain's badly needed; I've never seen anything like that in early March before.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2006, 10:04:34 »
Oh dear! We have more snow coming down this morning. Spring where are you?  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2006, 14:26:13 »
busy-lizzie. A'HEM we have nice blue sky here, just going to check all the bird feeders and stroll round my small garden ;D :D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2006, 18:02:09 »
Busy Lizzie,  batten down the hatches we are having more snow later on tonight apparently!!  When is this d a m n  winter going to end.  Had quite a bit of snow this morning but it didn't lie too long, the hills are covered though but you can see the clouds are heavy with more snow.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal