Author Topic: So what are you doing - right now!  (Read 16866 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: So what are you doing - right now!
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2006, 19:02:59 »
Poooooooooooor kitty!!

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2006, 19:56:54 »
;)thanks tim but dont you believe it!-
apart from a few hiccups(like yesterday)i am as fit as the proverbial butchers cat!
i also washed the conservatory floor-planted 3 more tubs of strawberries,clipped my raspberries into shape and repotted  a few geraniums...but i didnt  want to boast !

see-i am fit as a fiddle! ;D
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

the wizards sleeve

• Not So New ...
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2006, 20:09:06 »
weather not good at the moment at south shields :'( was going to put the spuds in this weekend but it is forecast rain all weekend so will wait till next week ::)

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2006, 09:58:03 »
.Diet is meat and lard

Ah yes! Just back from Poland and the bread and Lard :o

Bread is really nice ;) Did eat Lard and 4 times normal food for a week and still lost quarter stone ???

Yeah, funny that. The food is absolute cr*p, they do have veggies, probably imported, but they are cooked in fat, as is everything.

Thing is, they are all as fit as fiddles. Not a fatty to be seen.

And Northener, thanks. I got back last night at 11.40 pm, after spending 15 hours in Moscow's Dedomedovo airport, waiting for a connecting flight.
We were working in Juzhno-Sakhalinsk, which is just to the north of Japan, and 9 hours from Moscow. Nothing really works out there, and when the airport (which is tiny) got a new snow melting machine to clear the runway, they forgot that it would freeze at night... ::)
Therefore the first sign of snow and the airport is shut (and boy, do they get snow!). We were 2 1/2 days late at leaving Juzhno, and because of the difference in flight times, the scheduled BA flight from Moscow had already left. Hence the wait.

The place itself is............................interesting. The roads are made of ice or packed snow at this time of year, and in the summer they are made of potholes, apparently.
The housing in the city is generally crumbling concrete flats that haven't been touched with a paintbrush for decades, and in the countryside the houses are like sheds.
Nobody smiles until they know you, and then you're lucky if they do. Even the running water is unreliable, and it stopped working a couple of times in the hotel, even though it's new.

I've never been so glad to be British, or even Western European, and I've never been as happy to get on a plane. You don't realise how lucky we are until you see some other places that aren't so good.

I'm glad I went, even though I thought we'd never get back. I just hope I never have to go back again.    ;)

If I have time I'll post some pictures later, if I can sort out a few good ones.
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal