Author Topic: Your A4All 'Name'  (Read 20183 times)

nittynora

• Quarter Acre
Re: Your A4All 'Name'
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2006, 20:04:24 »
good way to introduce myself i suppose...i have been snooping on your site for weeks having just got an allotment and wanted to say hello. My A4All name is self-explanatory, i am a school nurse...real name sarah. :)

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2006, 20:51:34 »
Hi NN welcome

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2006, 20:56:32 »
NN. Welcome aboard, lots of fun and best of all advice on here. How about telling us a little about yourself. Enjoy
Lorna.

nittynora

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2006, 21:05:02 »
What can I say?

Can't dig, can't plant...... lucky I've got a great OH who does all the hard work!(he wrote that...)
I do the "vision" part and define the "concept" (think channel five decorating programmes)

But with any luck we'll have some onions and spuds by december!

We got our half plot at the end of jan and have dug one and a half beds by now (2 kids under 2 are as helpful as you can imagine)......... ten minutes after finishing the first bed and congratulating ourselves our local critic arrived to tell us how we had done it all wrong!

From what I see the A4A advice is a little more positive than that!

Happy chitting

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2006, 22:45:58 »
hi nittynora, (love that name )  ;D ;D

Congrats on digging your first beds , (It's bl***y hard work) Especially with helpers, mine are 3yrs and 1yr ;D

As for the local critic,  send him to us, he'll find that even the most experienced are wise enough to admit they still have a lot to learn when it comes to mother nature ;D ;D ;D
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

MollyBloom

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2006, 00:24:08 »
I can't beat bennettsleg (late catching up on my Internet schtick, so way behind everyone else in the conversation, sorry). However, my username on a different forum was Snad. Grandpa-in-law used to refer to his nose as a snad-bix (he had a habit of deliberately mispronouncing words - he meant snot-box, apologies to those of a squeamish disposition). Since my hooter is rather a faceful, I adopted Snad as my username of choice. Got sick of explaining it to people, though, so decided to go all literary this time around... 8)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2006, 16:23:12 »
Not read through all this so don't know whether it is still on thread or not but clanger was a school/fellow sibling nick.  Red came about because there are one or two other clangers out there in web world, but for why 'red'  take your pick - football club or if you are American, my politics (I have been banned from an American chat room based purely on my views (and I though McCarthy was dead) on Bush and the war)*.  Redimp elsewhere links it defintely to football as I support the redimps.  This was also the name used on the American site as clanger made it too long.

* Partially achieved ambition of being refused entry to the US  ;D
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Lord Steve

• Half Acre
    • Turn 'Em Green
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2006, 21:01:02 »
I am Lord Steve cos I logged on to another gardening board as SteveL and they speculated about what the L stood for ... reckoned I was posh so ... Lord Steve was born!! It kind of stuck :)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2006, 21:38:45 »
whereas it really stood for  Steve..Loveaduck...  aint that the truth  ;D

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2006, 22:22:25 »
nothing to do with booze.

years ago i was a member of a formula one forum and we all used to go and meet and camp at the british grand prix, i wore those trousers that zip off to make shorts and they nicknamed me legless, so its what i use on the internet everywhere now.

Jo

TheGrowingFamily

• Quarter Acre
  • Warrington, Cheshire
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2006, 17:09:26 »
Are you ready for this,
Our surname is Owen which rhymes with growing.
Shall I get my coat now...................

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2006, 17:11:46 »
As long as it's your owen!! ;) ;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2006, 17:25:02 »
The Growing Family. Can't remember saying WELCOME so Welcome to this great site.
ENJOY....Lorna

Moriwaki

• Not So New ...
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2006, 18:02:14 »
Hi All.

Thought I might as well join in (I too, often mooch around the site without posting)
My ''name'' Moriwaki
was, I think, from the French run. Kawasaki endurance motor cycle race team.  The late Steve Hislop rode for them quite a few years ago.  I have a set of his leathers with Moriwaki sewn on??

I have a life long love of M/Cycles, trials and pure road racing, particular Bike hero was Joey Dunlop of Isle of Man TT fame :'(, but also like Moto GP, BSB and WSB.
Also like allotments and A4A.............There now you are bored

M

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2006, 22:31:33 »
Mines very straightforward, my real name is Robin and i'm common, hence  Ragged Robin!
Happy gardening, Robin x

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2006, 22:38:00 »
Carrotcruncher - 'cos I come from Lincoln originally & my work mates joke that the only thing grown in Lincolnshire is carrots...oh, and the odd tulip or two

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2006, 12:52:37 »
Not much imagination here.  :)

My name is Denise, and my surname starts with a B.

I've used that name on another forum for almost 3 years now, and I suppose I'm so used to it it never occurred to me to create a new one.  I suppose it does have a slight gardening connection though.  :)
Tread softly, for you tread on my greens.

sallylockhart

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2006, 13:12:50 »
My alias has nothing to do with gardening - Philip Pullman (he of dark materials fame) wrote a series of books for children about a victorian teenager called sally lockhart.

"Sally is sixteen when the story begins, orphaned and alone. She's had an unconventional education: her knowledge of English Literature, French, History, Art and Music is non-existent, but she has a thorough grounding in military tactics, can run a business, ride like a Cossack and shoot straight with a pistol."

http://www.philip-pullman.com/pages/content/index.asp?PageID=28

She also has an illegitimate child after she sleeps with the hero of the first book who then promptly dies in a fire but she refuses to give the child up and lives in social disgrace for the rest of the series (combining solving mysteries with childcare of course).  Was always a bit of feminist at heart so liked the character   ;D

sl
"I grant indeed that fields and flocks have charms,
For him that gazes or for him that farms."

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2006, 14:11:27 »
Mine is an easy one to guess! I used to cook in a private residentia home, and every morning, one of the care assistants came in and said: whats for lunch cookie ? I also use cookie as part of my e-mail. Real name Andrea :)

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2006, 17:30:22 »
Markfield Rover comes from the village football team I played  in Leicestershire. They were in the North West
Leicestershire Miners League and I wish I could play 90 mins once again without running out of steam.
Anybody from that end of the country who played in the same league in the 70's. not a very interesting
reason but when I use the "title" the memories come flooding back !

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal