Produce > Edible Plants

feeling fruity

<< < (2/2)

Mrs Ava:
Okay dokey, move 'em I will.  I should be able to dig up a pretty large rootball area as there is nothing around them.  I will provide them with all the tlc I can muster. Fingers crossed and all that.

Thanks fruit-fans
Emma Jane ;D

Palustris:
Give them a very thorough soaking before you move them in this dry weather and after as well. Watch your back, the soil ball may be heavy.

Palustris:
Just another thought. If the top growth is too unhandy, you can (may?) remove about a third of the oldest branches back to a bud near the base without doing too much harm as you should probably do that anyway to encourage new shoots next Spring. Hope that makes sense.

Hyacinth:
I've moved mine,successfully, using Eric's method exactly, EJ, but my reasons for suggesting leaving it until we've had some significant rain have everything to do with the hardness of the ground for digging, and then subsequent watering, and nothing at all to do with anything else ..

But do, anyway, cut them back, and, if you are going ahead with moving them now, dig their new hole in advance...I had the devil's own job digging a patch deep enough to heel-in some shrubs I wanted to move over the weekend, tho getting them up was easy enough. - cheers, Lishka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version