Author Topic: some photo albums  (Read 3050 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
some photo albums
« on: March 06, 2006, 22:10:38 »
Obelix asked me if I would put together some pictures of my allotment and my garden for folks on the Beeb and on here to see.  All works in progress lol! (Excuses).
Hope not too boring.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hrpuffinstuffuk/my_photos
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 17:59:18 by Heldi »

His Madge

Re: some albums
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:29:23 »
Thanks for sharing Heldi. Enjoyed seeing your plot and gardens. Loads of work in progress!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 13:22:06 »
Lovely photos Heldi, especially the chickens.   ;D ;D ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 15:22:52 »
Thanks HM and Pauline.  :)

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 15:37:52 »
H... i enjoyed that ;D
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 17:58:53 »
You're welcome GW!

agapanthus

• Hectare
Re: some photo albums
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 18:55:24 »
some really gorgeous pictures there Heldi ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 13:28:04 »
Thanks Aga !  :)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 09:55:29 »
Good God!! The sheer guts of anyone tackling that sort of thing.

Was that the alleyway where we said paint some flowers on the fence?

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 10:55:10 »
What a fantastic record of your work!

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 16:40:55 »
Nice photos, although I wouldnt go for the same configuration of grass as you have in your front garden - looks a nightmare to mow! I have to temper my design inspiration when it comes to borders and the lawn, just to makemowing simpler. That said i have aded/extended a few beds/borders with the sole intention of making mowing easier!

I like your 'sink pond' and your frog. Thats what i hope to have visting now my new pond has water in it!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 16:58:25 »
Tim ,I became really downhearted with the allotment last year as I was on my knees picking up pieces of glass for weeks and weeks.  I made that path out of bricks to cover up all the glass along that side. I was totally fed up for another few weeks until I got some hens and then I HAD to go to the allotment. I chipped away bit by bit and  I've dug over right up to the shed now. I've got the rest of the plot to do now. I have been told that it used to be the best plot on the whole site and also since the guy who used to have it years ago left,no one has managed to cultivate more than a tiny bit of it. Now if ever there was a challenge laid down! I'm determined now!!!!

Yes that is the alleyway. I've boughtlots of wildflower seeds and will be sprinkling them outside my plot. Hopefully some of them will self seed and make the place less gloomy.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 17:08:16 by Heldi »

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 17:04:50 »
grawrc, I've been taking pics of the lotty since I got it.  Especially after I had only had it a month or so and I recieved a snotty letter from the association about lack of cultivation. They got a snotty one back...they haven't helped at all...I got a full apology. I'm not a person to cross when I know I'm right lol!  I am going to show them all one day !  ;D

The back garden..I don't understand why I haven't taken more photos of it. I seemed to have missed the whole of summer.  It would have been helpful as with it all being redone in the winter and me shoving plants in willy nilly...I can't remember what is where  ::)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2006, 17:23:16 »
Hi Richard!

The front garden has mostly been ignored. Though having said that the photos dont do it justice as there are quite a few flowers,lavenders osteopermums,stachys come to mind.  (They are covered in snow right now!)
The shape of the lawn evolved...it's my amoeba!  I'm planning on doing hardly any mowing,I want to allow daisies to grow and if I can find some in the wild flower dept of the garden centre I'll out some red clover in. A meadow on a mini scale! The plants I eventually use to fill in those borders I want to drape over the edges of the grass.

The bit of grass in front of where those blinking wheelie bins are is my biggest pain.  It slopes two ways there and the bins are a nuisance. I am thinking about paving that bit and standing lots of pots on it.

Anyway this year I will try to take regular pictures of both the front and back gardens.

I'm pleased you like my sink pond! I spent so much time last year sitting looking into it,honestly I was like a big kid!  The frogspawn came form a friend's pond. I found froglets all over the garden. I'm really hoping that they hibernated in my garden. I saw one hop into my compost bin  ;D  Good luck with your pond and show us some pics!

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2006, 17:46:17 »
Hi Richard!
I'm pleased you like my sink pond! I spent so much time last year sitting looking into it,honestly I was like a big kid!  The frogspawn came form a friend's pond. I found froglets all over the garden. I'm really hoping that they hibernated in my garden. I saw one hop into my compost bin  ;D  Good luck with your pond and show us some pics!

I will when I have some dont worry, I only put the liner in and filled it (emptying 3 water butts in the process) yesterday. I still have to sort the edges and trim the liner before its fit to be photographed.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 17:55:33 »
Most of my photos are prints from 35mm film and goodness only knows when I'll get round to uploading/ scanning them.

Digi camera I've had for about5 years but don't always have time to take photos now. :'(

I have a garden album which delightss me every tiem I look at it, although sometimes I think it was better then than now. ;)
Great to see someone with such a good record. Well done Heldi.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2006, 18:04:38 »
I have a garden album which delights me every time I look at it, although sometimes I think it was better then than now. ;)
Great to see someone with such a good record. Well done Heldi.

I too have an extensive garden album. I try to take some pictures every month to track progress etc. The great thing is when i look back the more recent ones look better than the older ones - which shows I must be doing something right!

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2006, 18:54:55 »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

WOW HELDI!!!!!!!!! Am in awe...bows down with arms in the air!!!
It's great to take before and after pics and to see how far you have come, wish I had a digi camera!!
Your chooks must help cos you have to go and see to them, also there is the added bonus of free chicken manure!!!!!!

Well done you!!!!!!

;)

Margi

• Quarter Acre
  • Yeah, sure!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2006, 10:48:59 »
Hi Heldi

Thanks for the pics - faced with that lottie I would have turned and run! Well done for persevering!!!

Margi x

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2006, 11:30:26 »
Took me ages to put those pictures together ..and I never would have if Obelix hadn't asked. I had a sore behind from sitting so long!

Thanks Katy and Margi.  The hens got me interested again. I started with six but now have fourteen  :o  ::)  :D. I was really depressed about the plot for a long time last year. Whilst tackling all the rubbish the weeds grew and whilst tackling the weeds other people dumped more rubbish on me  >:(.  Felt like throwing in the towel. The hens have put the life back into it and I've managed to do something everytime I go to see to them.  I try to give myself a little pat on the back even if I do the smallest thing.

Yesterday I cleared out another part of the shed in order to eventually give the chooks even more indoor area. They aren't too keen on going out into the snow so are pottering about inside.  Another bit of the big picture chipped off!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal