Author Topic: Gardeners' World special  (Read 13981 times)

ipt8

• Hectare
Re: Gardeners' World special
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 19:04:56 »
Well at least we know Sarah Raven is a real person, just think it could be Tommy with his braces or that chap with the silly sleeves and fancy shirts, you know, the ones you would not be seen in.  ;)

MutantHobbit

• Half Acre
  • There's a bl**dy great big plane near my allotment
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 19:27:23 »
I enjoyed the GW programme on fruit as well, especially as I've planted some fruit bushes.  Though I did feel some mild annoyance at the fact her business was benefitting from the GW programme, re: the fresh fruit she's planning on selling.  Seems like all the GW specials she presents, benefits her business ("Sarah Raven's Cutting Garden") etc, at Perch Hill in some way... ;)  Not to mention the free advertising and product placements...

I know the lines between celebrities, their TV work and their businesses are blurring, but it's not something I'd expect from the BBC with license payers providing their budget... but I'm just a tad naive I guess   ;D

As for her clothes, with the prices she charges... 'nuff said!   ::)
Sheldon, Birmingham.  I've put the pin on Google Earth where my shed is, in the allotments.  It's in an area with a satellite photo which is cool!  You can't miss it, there's a bl**dy great big Airport next door!

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 19:38:45 »
What a great program and good dress sense! I like Sarah and admit im a bit of a fan!  :-[

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 20:16:43 »
If you've can get it, UKTVStyle gardens are showing re-runs of Gardener's World at the moment- and they even seem to be matched to the time of year!

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 21:29:21 »
Yes flicking through the channels I was stopped in my progress by the sight of Alan Titchmarsh waxing lyrical on what looked like fruit bushes.

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2006, 22:05:47 »
Sarah Raven fascinates me strangely

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2006, 22:23:24 »
Oh no!! I am disappointed.  :(  Looked in the Radio Times tonight and it is a repeat.  It seems to be the one with Monty and his visit to the Birmingham allotments which was screened some time ago.  It will be nice to see it again, but pity it isn't something new about allotments.  It always amazes me why there aren't more programmes about allotments  and veggie growing when you look at how fashionable it is to have one at the moment.  busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2006, 07:32:18 »
I thought the new controller of the BBC was going to put a stop to all of these repeats on BBC, must say he is not doing a very good job about it at the moment.  Roll on the light nights so I can get down the lottie, and not watch all this s**t on the box.
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

Sprout

• Acre
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2006, 10:05:30 »
Gutted if it is a repeat. On the other hand (no pun intended as I'm about to leave for the local hospital to have my pinkie cauterised) am a bit chuffed as I've never started a thread that's gone onto 2 pages before! Whoo-hoo!  :D (I know, I know, I need to get out more!)
Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2006, 11:01:51 »
Sarah Raven fascinates me strangely

Oh dear... me too!

Roll on the light nights so I can get down the lottie, and not watch all this s**t on the box.

Amen to that! Am getting seriously fed up with being cooped up every evening... >:(

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

lancelotment

• Half Acre
  • Great North Swim, 1 mile open water, Windermere'08
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2006, 13:35:57 »
If it is the Brum one, I've seen it twice before already.  Our youngest asked who the 'bag lady' was, doing the gardening last week!  I'm not sure any of the other GW presenters have quite the same approach to marketing themselves that Sarah does, or have I just missed it?  Lance
Getting there - just rather slowly!!

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2006, 14:53:26 »
Why do they have to put on repeats of this old tosh, when they have a perfectly good series that was never shown all the way through? ie. The Big Dig.
Bloomin' BBC

vee

• Acre
  • Ashton-under-Lyne, near Manchester
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2006, 16:07:03 »
Just been to look at the BBC website and it says it is a repeat from 15 August 2003. I will watch it though as my memory isn't as good as it was ;) It's a real shame they can't film a new programme though.

Dan 2

• Acre
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2006, 17:22:49 »
Shame its a repeat but its still a brilliant episode!

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2006, 18:45:10 »
as i missed it the first and second times, i'm looking forward to it.

but i have to say this is typical of the Beeb, i'm not their greatest fan and look forward to the day that i'm strong enough to chuck the tv (and their licence fee) straight out the window.

:P
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2006, 19:01:10 »
as i missed it the first and second times, i'm looking forward to it.

Me too :)

MM

Zippy Seale

• Half Acre
  • Laughing all the way to the plot
    • The Cherry Tree Plot
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 19:10:20 »
Why do they have to put on repeats of this old tosh, when they have a perfectly good series that was never shown all the way through? ie. The Big Dig.
Bloomin' BBC

Maybe we should produce our own allotment show, and get beeb or five to air it...
they say it wouldn't grow.....ha

The Cherry Tree Plot

Art of Sowing

powerspade

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2006, 20:19:51 »
Now celtic grower that`s a good idea

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2006, 21:01:55 »
I hadn't seen it before, and I quite enjoyed it.

Didn't learn much, mind....
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2006, 21:37:15 »
it made me wish i was out gardening instead of watching the telly!
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal