Author Topic: Junk Mail  (Read 1664 times)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Junk Mail
« on: February 12, 2006, 19:53:10 »
I came across an article in a Womans magazine and thought you may be interested in stopping some of the unwanted junk mail.  To contact the Mailing Preference Service at www.mpsonline.org.uk    Hopefully registering with them will do the trick and get no more junk from the Postman.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: Junk Mail
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 20:04:18 »

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 20:44:19 »
just get yahoo email address.

i get probably about 5 bits of junk mail at the most per week. and when i get it i hit the spam button and it blocks the address from sending anymore to me.  Also, yahoo look at the email and if its been blocked by so many people then it gets blocked on everybodies email so eventually you end up with very little spam, the meaty stuff and he email version!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 20:53:49 »
We are talking home deliveries Adam, although I do have a junk email address, it's called Hotmail ;D

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 22:50:30 »
Don't ask me how because my wife does it but we stick all our junk mail into a large freepost envelope provided by a survey company and post it to them every month. They send back a new envelope and a £10 shopping voucher. Weird eh??

adam04

• Hectare
  • Who are you?
    • FedEx VG
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 23:14:19 »
sorry got carried away....  ;D

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 23:38:21 »
I do a mean spirited and environmentally unsound thing, If the junk mail contains an envelope, I put in all the rubbish they sent me (minus my details), and send it back to them. Feel a bit guilty sometimes, but on the whole it's good therapy. If they started getting it returned in the quantity we receive it, maybe the would look again at their strategy.

Brian

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 22:39:19 »
Don't ask me how because my wife does it but we stick all our junk mail into a large freepost envelope provided by a survey company and post it to them every month. They send back a new envelope and a £10 shopping voucher. Weird eh??

::) Well aren't they just sending you more junk mail then? ??? That's quite a smart move on their part :D

glow777

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 23:05:19 »
dont know about more junk - all i know is i'm £120 a ear better of because of it! :o

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 23:26:41 »
Hmm! that sounds interesting Glow, I was thinking they send you a £10 voucher and you have to spend a set amount well above that to claim.

I wouldn't mind cashing in on that if you have more details? as I have been doing as Brian does to get shut of mine and have to admit it does give me a strange feeling of satisfaction. ;D

TEL

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 06:49:35 »
Ive been meaning to register with both of them for a long time & have just done so.
Thanks for the reminder ;D

Gardenantics

• Acre
    • Garden Antics
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 09:15:20 »
I registered with phone  Preference and Fax  Preference service, which has made a difference. But I really like the idea of being paid to send off your junk mail! MORE DETAILS PLEASE!

Brian

glow777

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 09:21:47 »
I wouldn't mind cashing in on that if you have more details? as I have been doing as Brian does to get shut of mine and have to admit it does give me a strange feeling of satisfaction. ;D

We've been doing this for a while now, the missus says it was a ltd number of people who could originally sign up so sorry  :-* :-* :-\
The scheme I want to join is one my friend does where they visit resteraunts have a meal with the family and fill in a questionnaire about the service, toilets, food etc and then get the costs back!

DolphinGarden

• Acre
  • skip skavenger
    • Facility of the Month, Warrington Cycle Camaign
Junk Mail
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 17:45:57 »
I've done this too. It feels great!

I do a mean spirited and environmentally unsound thing, If the junk mail contains an envelope, I put in all the rubbish they sent me (minus my details), and send it back to them. Feel a bit guilty sometimes, but on the whole it's good therapy. If they started getting it returned in the quantity we receive it, maybe the would look again at their strategy.

Brian

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal